Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Rumble in the Jungle! (Bones 2 )

They're wonderful paint jobs -- but I can't help but just gush over those leafy BASES!

Okay, back to the figures.  The tortoise-men look wonderfully tortoise-y.  Ditto for the subtle gradients on that cat.  Not that I have much experience getting up close and personal with tortoises, but the color schemes look very plausible.  Did you perchance use some sort of photo reference for the color for added authenticity?  :)  The black outlines on the fairy wing highlights work really nicely to make the warm color gradients of the wing "panels" (for lack of a better term) really pop.

• Like 1

They're wonderful paint jobs -- but I can't help but just gush over those leafy BASES!

Okay, back to the figures.  The tortoise-men look wonderfully tortoise-y.  Ditto for the subtle gradients on that cat.  Not that I have much experience getting up close and personal with tortoises, but the color schemes look very plausible.  Did you perchance use some sort of photo reference for the color for added authenticity?  :)  The black outlines on the fairy wing highlights work really nicely to make the warm color gradients of the wing "panels" (for lack of a better term) really pop.

nah i made up the turtles as i went along XD all of these were painted up last night while watching a scary movie, so i wasn't  really paying very close attention to them either  :ph34r:

but thanks! I'm very happy with how they are coming out so far  ^_^

Wow. I love every one of these. The cougar and sylph might be my favorites but you're making it tough to choose. They all work beautifully with the bases. That olive dress on the sylph is gorgeous. I really like your colors. 

• Like 1

Now I got Guns and Roses playing in my head...Welcome to the Jungle baby..

Looks great, very nice, those bases suits them.

Love them all.

• Like 1

Now I got Guns and Roses playing in my head...Welcome to the Jungle baby..

Looks great, very nice, those bases suits them.

Love them all.

Thanks!

Hardest one to get on there and look good was the basilisk...took quiet a bit of carving on his underside

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aard_Rinn
      So... it's been a while. After last Reapercon, I hit a long stretch where I did no painting at all - like eight months where I just couldn't get it together and paint. Then, at the end of last month, I was like, "****, isn't Reapercon coming up?" and immediately started pushing stuff through to try and get at least some stuff off my chest before I come to Texas again and leave with even more minis. It's been going really well - I'm having a lot of fun, and getting a lot done!

I've been mostly doing mid- to large- sized minis, and lots of animals... These are all forest creatures, and I had a ton of fun with them!

This gorgeous boy had just come out last Reapercon! He based up beautifully on a horse-base, one of the Base Boss ovals. A good size for a celestial stag, but a bit small for the RAW Giant Elk - still, plenty big enough that we'll just sticky-tak him to a Huge base and use it like that.

And, yep, I actually got two! This one is for a module I run that requires a ghost stag, hence the eyes, but it'll do for  a celestial stag in a pinch, I think. That said, I actually do plan to grab a third at this Reapercon to do up in a more traditional rainbow-celestial color palette. If I have the melt, I'd actually like to grab three, and experiment making the other two into ewes by greenstuffing regular hornless ears onto them. Like I said, it's a fantastic sculpt, just very heavy. For reference, the whole body and head are one piece, and the ears and antlers a second and third, cut well enough to attach without pinning. I didn't even GS them, just used a gel glue to cover the gap.

This is the puma from the Animal Companions I set, the metal version. I just wanted him done fast, so I painted him buckskin yellow, shaded before I added the spots, and did my best to make the spots little circle-type blotches. Nothing fancy, but I didn't really need anything too good, I just wanted to have done something that day...

He fit, integrated base and all, almost perfectly into a 40mm base, which was nice. I love 40mm bases - I like that they're not so huge that I have to squeeze them into places for Large creatures, and they're perfect for things that are just a touch bigger than Medium...

And last but not least, a pair of shambling mounds. This is a great mini despite being a pretty old one, I think? It has a ton of great details that I did not spend the time to do justice on, but it takes washes like a champ and came out looking pretty fantastic from a foot or so away. My one complaint is that the texture makes it really hard to be sure your paint is EVERYWHERE - I went over these a couple times, and now I'm seeing a couple places where paint bubbled and missed spots... Still, 10/10 minis of one of my favorite low/mid level monsters, and I'll probably grab a few more at Reapercon so I can give them another shot. And they're pretty hefty for an 8$ metal mini - these are on 40mm bases, and they FEEL chunky.
    • By Sharkbelly
      On the board this week is the basilisk. I have started the base coat on the lower half and the first wash.

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here one of my works this past months; an old (now discontinued) mini from Freebooter miniatures. 
      It had a gloomy melancholic look, so I went with a dark palette around 3 main colors: dark green, blue and purple. 

• By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• By GrandPrince
      I've been running a tabletop campaign in which a friend insisted on playing as a pixie fairy, and he chose this as the mini to represent her.  He also asked for specific coloration on the wings and a metallic gold colored outfit.. I'm sort of proud how this one turned out.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 201 Guests (See full list)