The Ral Partha AD&D Figures

knarthex

I love the lioness look of that second displacer beast.

I would have guessed that medusa was a female djinn.

The idea of assembling and keeping together that remorhaz fills me with dread.

These are a lot of old school fun!

The snake heads on her are very very small.... I love that Remorhaz figure, but I don't remember when I painted it! I think it was after I got Married and had a safe place to keep it! I don't remember assembly being that hard, just had to figure out which pair of legs was 1st, 2nd etc, so they didn't hit each other!

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a crap-ton of Old-School!

Stay tuned, not done yet!

I love these old minis - and I finally know what the heck the hammer-fisted, horned helmed guy I have is!  The Hammer Golem!  Had him for years and couldn't remember where or when i got him.

I have the catalogs from 90-98 or so, if you need to know what something is, post a pic and I can check if you like....

• Like 2

I'm upgrading from drool to pitter-patter.

Uh-oh. Better hide your stuff, quick!

You have a very cool old school collection, very nice. I've got some of those kobolds and the orcs in my collection as well as some of the others.

• Like 1

Lots of old school goodness there! I think we own all but a few of those, makes me want to paint up some oldies.

what is it the commercials say? oh yeah,

JUST DO IT!

but please post pics!

That's a *very* nice collection.

I have very few monsters from that era. Lots of characters but light on the monstrous side. But I do own the stone and iron golem.

I started going crazy with the critters back then figuring I had enough PC types, and if someone just HAD to have mini "X", they could spend the $....

Besides, where else were / are you going to find some of those things? And they look COOL!

I'm upgrading from drool to pitter-patter.

Uh-oh. Better hide your stuff, quick!

You have a very cool old school collection, very nice. I've got some of those kobolds and the orcs in my collection as well as some of the others.

I am one of those (un?)fortunate ones that once I started gaming, I never stopped. I also was the primary DM for almost 15 years, so It was fun to put the fig on the table (and watching the players eyes bug out! :devil: ) than just giving a description. Critters on the table help with the ambiance, shall we say...

And Buglips, if there are any 'shavings' from that pair, I'll send them to you for care and feeding!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

I still have those kobolds, the mindflayer without the hat and possibly the couatl...

Yep, that's why my Reaper Kobolds are that color, all one tribe you know! 5 more Reaper kobolds on the way here from TX too!

Unfortunately, THIS is most of what I still have left of my original old-school stuff, at least the stuff I have painted. There's probably another fifteen or twenty unpainted ones, but most of my old stuff got eaten by my house, tossed out or given away over the years... :down:

(I've picked up a lot more of the old stuff since then, but it's not the same as having bought it back then, y'know?)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

I still have those kobolds, the mindflayer without the hat and possibly the couatl...

Yep, that's why my Reaper Kobolds are that color, all one tribe you know! 5 more Reaper kobolds on the way here from TX too!

Unfortunately, THIS is most of what I still have left of my original old-school stuff, at least the stuff I have painted. There's probably another fifteen or twenty unpainted ones, but most of my old stuff got eaten by my house, tossed out or given away over the years... :down:

(I've picked up a lot more of the old stuff since then, but it's not the same as having bought it back then, y'know?)

Yup, I have some of those figs to, going to have to start a 'This was such and such's character, and they....: type of thread with them maybe....

Anyone else think that might be fun? A "If figures could talk" type of post to tell fun stories about the player that used / abused them?

Wow, this was a lot of fun to walk through. It reminds me of being a teenager.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Don't forget to feed the tip goblin on the way out or he will bite your ankles.... :;):

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2