So... I am painting these because I am insane:
Two different approaches to getting this far, same outcome. Basecoat grey then wash, basecoat Brown Liner then drybrush. Hats are the Mook ID System with each pose/weapon getting a different coloured hat from others of the identical pose/kit. Shields will get some decoration and there will be some variation in leather, armour and cloth.

post-180-0-94592200-1437225885_thumb.jpg

Edited by smokingwreckage
  • Like 11

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the background: rageshroom and doomshroom, two entertaining experiments with airdry clay.
Yes, that is Citadel Colour 1st Ed paint. Almost dried out now - almost. Compare that with the more recent GW paints, that last a month, in my experience. The silver there is Partha Paint, which I occasionally walk around the house with, adorned with stanky socks, but so far no goblins have wandered into my cunning trap so I could immediately lock the doors and insist they play DnD with me.

SO LONELY.

Apart from my little goblin friends here.
And the cats.
Annnnnnd two kids.
And wife.

OK, so not actually very lonely.

• Like 4

Yeah I batch paint now and then. The trick is to not even try to complete them. Just go until you get bored, then work on something else, and then come back to it. Lather, rinse, repeat. With these guys I am hoping I can get them to look "uncrap" first, then touch them up a bit later.

• Like 1

Yeah I batch paint now and then. The trick is to not even try to complete them. Just go until you get bored, then work on something else, and then come back to it. Lather, rinse, repeat. With these guys I am hoping I can get them to look "uncrap" first, then touch them up a bit later.

Same boat here, *and* I'm still finishing up my own goblins set. Though I took a little experimental route in the skin/armor color schemes. Some combos work, classics like green+red, some are awful (yellow paint is evil BTW).

• Like 1