DSM: Stephanie Law Muse : Clio

Marineal

Thanks everyone!! 

Arc, you should be fine as long as she doesn't have to get her dress dirty to serve it!!

Another example of how good sculpts bring out the best in us. Really great job, excellent color choices and great details.

Only feedback I'd give is of a general nature. Just continue what you're doing, work on increasing contrast, shadow/light placement, differentiating materials. Time to dig into the tough (but fun!) stuff.

Hmm, I do have a specific bit of feedback. I think the weakest part is probably the sword, for the reasons I gave above. Needs some more contrast, highlights, and it's not reading as a metal sword. Flat to the horizon swords are a bit tougher to make nice than angled ones imo, but if you apply some NMM shading and highlights to your metallics like so: http://cashwiley.com/2014/12/13/rollo-the-barbarian/(now this was really trying to push it, the lower blade face is almost entirely black but you get the idea!)

edited to add emphasis to the positive since this could be read as too much criticism of a very nicely painted mini :p

I wouldn't have been offended even if you didn't edit it! You're absolutely correct. I'm horrible at weapons. Even TMM isn't something I'm good at or enjoy. I am working on blending, that way when I get to NMM it will be a little less headache, but

I absolutely appreciate the feedback! Can't get better if I don't hear what I don't do well!

• Like 1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your work on her flowing dress (robes?). I also like the illuminated script on her scroll.

Since you asked for commentary, I would actually say that most of her hair looks good. It's just the patch right above her face that looks a little bit too flat to me. I can understand how it might bug you as the artist, but she really does look quite nice overall!

Losing interest..such an ED nurse thing...bet you don't even know the BUN or creatinine because of lack of interest.

Nice work Jessie.

If you successfully extract a metabolic panel from a chunk of tin, something has gone seriously wrong. ::P:

• Like 2

Thanks so much!

I agree, I think we're the harshest critics of ourselves.  

Losing interest..such an ED nurse thing...bet you don't even know the BUN or creatinine because of lack of interest.

If you successfully extract a metabolic panel from a chunk of tin, something has gone seriously wrong. ::P:

bahaha! Burn!

But I totally could, since I'm an amazing ER nurse. :rolleyes:

Just gotta make sure it's not hemolyzed..

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 2