• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rahz
      As my players are going to be floating around the Darklake in the Underdark for the next few sessions, after drawing it the first night, I thought about trying to build it instead.  We use the grid and my players floundered when we tried to do away with it so trying different ways to incorporate it into the build. 

Playing with wood texture.  My one cut was horrible and it ripped more than it cut. 

Used chipboard templates to guide the curved cuts. 

2 different grid options on the front and back.   Like the front but it’s a bit more confusing than just using the “nail holes”.  Will see how the middle goes. 

Thanks for looking. 
    • By BananeDC
      Here is my version of Bones Kraken !

• By Brianuk
      Have been stealing coffee stirrers for a while and thought I should disguise them. 

This is a modular set of docks for pirate settings/City docks, ghost archipelago. All I did was make platforms of various heights with layers of foam core board. Then Iaid cross pieces and laid the decks on top, just using different thicknesses of coffee stirrers. The stanchions are just pva glued to the side of the foam core, under the decks rather than showing above them. I painted the foam core black and am painting the wood using the Crafting Muse video on YouTube as a guide. I won't be basing these. 
      The boat is a lucky find. It is a decoupage model ocean liner. I cut the top off and had a curved boat shape 15cm / 6" long and perfect for 8 models. Only £1.25 on sale. All I did was lay a deck of coffee stirrers then took some of the bits I cut off and glued them back on to the sides. Painted like the Dock. I don't want to add seats, mast, similar detail to this model to maximise how many based minis can stand in it. 

• By Pingo
      My birthday is imminent (precioussss), and my husband gave me this resin ship model from German manufacturer Gelaendestuecke.

I've never done anything like this before: Never worked with resin, never made a ship model, never tried to figure out rigging and sails (they aren't included in the model and even the masts are just dowels at the moment).

So ... Woohoo, I have no idea what I'm doing. But I figure it'll be fun figuring it out.

Here's the box

And the instructions in their entirety

The hull and the deck

The wooden bits, the mast, bowsprit, and railings

The cabin has a few issues. Note the little spot the arrow points to. That becomes relevant later.

It also has a big missing spot from a bubble in the back

And a crack and missing piece on one side

Okay, so here's how I've begun it.

First I scrubbed the resin pieces with a toothbrush in very hot water and dish liquid. There was a nasty waxy substance under the hull which I assume is mold release.

Once cleaned, the bottoms of the pieces were really shiny, which seemed like it would cause a problem with the epoxy adhering.

But sanding resin is problematic. Its dust is very fine and lightweight and highly toxic. Bad stuff to breathe.

So I sanded them underwater, with a few drops of dish liquid add to break the surface tension so the dust wouldn't float on the water. Resin really wants to float.

Sanding on the cabin exposed a greasy, waxy white substance where that little splodge was, something like a white oil pastel, and kind of gross.

Scraping it out exposed more of it within the resin and lost a few flakes of the surface. It can be seen, rather big in this picture of the ship as it is at present.

And here's a side view.

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all,

I'm looking for advice on gluing the spar that holds the Kraken up. I tried super glue, but when I actually put the Kraken on it, it came loose. More super glue? Hot glue? What has worked for others?
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 4 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)