Pathfinder METAL dice set

haldir

http://kck.st/1Kxu9LJ

e854dbd2ce0d7ce64fec2da7ccf6059e_origina

Campaign is live!

While I'm still not exactly sure I'll go through & commit as the price is a tad bit more then I really want to pay for em. I do like the design, kinda follows the Rise of the Runelord set they did (minus all the extra bits on the edges). If I do go through with it. it'll be my first metal dice set so I'm intrigued that's for sure.

Hopefully they get funded & hopefully the stretch goals are worth the effort.

Better hurry when I pledged there was only 21 (now 20) early bird sets. Knocks $10 bucks off the price in the process.

Early Bird sets are SOLD OUT!!

Got my AP subscription today & there was a flier for a upcoming dice Kickstarter

Pathfinder metal dice set by Paizo/Q-Workshop

Starts in September but link will let you sign up for updates & such.

While I pretty much bleed Chessex dice, I do have a few QW sets, mainly Pathfinder ones & I know QW sets are either loved or hated by the gaming community, but if the pics of the dice are what will be offered I think they'll look nice on the table.

(if anything the link to the store after you signed up showed that they've released quite a few Pathfinder AP sets (like 3 or 4 of them). Something that was beneficial for me at least)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah I'm on the fence about metal dice. They are nice & such but I'll stick with my Chessex (thou I will keep a eye out for this KS when it goes live). One concern I have & I just noticed it after I posted there are ridges on the edges of the D20. Not sure how that'll effect smooth rolling.

ub3r

Yah I got to thinkin about that after I posted as well. If it does, oh well it does. No worries on my part.

• Like 2

I dunno. There's only so much I'm willing to pay to be able to unintentionally scratch up and dent every table in the house, 'gardless of how pretty they are.

• Like 3

Very pretty! However, I'm afraid they would be "unapproved projectiles" until the kiddos are older. I would have to hide them, and only bring them out on D&D sessions when the daughter girl doesn't play her rogue.

• Like 3

I have a few sets of Q-Workhop dice, the craftsmanship of that company is very nice and I would recommend. As a DM the one I like the most is the Metal Dwarven Set. They feel powerful in your hands and they are loud when you roll them (getting attention of your players instantly). I got at a really good price here in Canada. I'm looking forward to this kickstarter... What can I say I love Dice sets and will trow money to get more, especially this one.

Metal dice are something I would like to own one day, but at the same time I realize that aside from bragging rights, they don't do anything special aside from dinging the play surface.

In my old game group, one of the players had a large copper d20. Heavy, and prone to dinging the whiteboard we used to draw maps (it was his whiteboard, so no real harm).

Sometimes I look at the Crystal Caste Dwarven Stones dice. Their extraordinary dice are (were) made from meteorites, dinosaur fossils and mammoth ivory evoke both a reaction of awesome coolness and disgust at such waste.

• Like 1

I dunno. There's only so much I'm willing to pay to be able to unintentionally scratch up and dent every table in the house, 'gardless of how pretty they are.

I used a dice box at RCon this year for the first time & I really liked it. It could have been a bit bigger but I was cheap & found a box on ebay for the price I was willing to pay at the time.

I for one will prob go in for 1 set since they are Pathfinder. Granted I'm not as big of fanboy for Pathfinder as I was when it was fresh & new but I like the design of them & heck might as well one 1 set of metal. I will say I've never really looked into dice KSes so I have no idea how they are set up (5 for d4 10 for d4, d6, etc etc etc.....:lol:).

I did find out Chessex came out with new colors recently......Will save.........oh crap...