Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really cool idea!  I am certainly interested in an exchange.  (like I need an excuse to paint, but a reason? those are priceless)

As a thought, if you want to make it an exchange: paint up the baddies, we can send you our exchange minis, you can set the scene, and then eventually send out the monsters and badguys from the exchange.

Its a thought anyway...

I will play around with a 3.5 character and maybe read some background on the ravenloft setting so I can build a decent backstory.  Any recommendations for player source material for ravenloft?

• Like 2

Really, pretty much anything is source material for the Demiplane of Dread. Ravenloft has this nasty habit of appearing out of nowhere, sucking people into the Mists, and keeping them.

I think I have some old 2e stuff if you guys want it. I can pop it into my Google Drive.

I think 3.5 Expedition is a throwback to the 1st ed module, i.e. none of that Demiplane of Dread stuff. Could be wrong though.

Still very much mulling over character ideas. Though I understand I make for a good Elan...

I don't really have any specific recommendations, unless someone wanted to play one of two prestige classes that are offered in the mod. I'd honestly have to look up what they even are, though. If I recall correctly, the prerequisites make it a little difficult to start out as either one, so I've never had anyone play them before.

EDIT: It is a throwback, but dsmiles is on the right track. Ravenloft is pretty isolated from the rest of the world, so you can use pretty much any source material. If any references need to be made specifically to the world outside, I'll DMprovise.

Edited by KoiPwned
  • Like 1

I am seriously considering the lawful neutral cleric with a death domain.  I might finally get my army of undead treasure bearers in a world where they won't be destroyed on sight.  In Ravenloft it also seems like the ability to rebuke or control undead might be a tad more useful than a turning ability...

For a little history:

I had a mage that I loved who had a pack string of undead skeletal horses.  they were great, no need to feed them or care for them (although they would occasionally nip at grass or frolic in the fields in some mockery of life).  Only problem was that every time he took them to civilization everybody would attack the undead skeletons.  Then there would be a lot of mind affecting magic to get the populace to stop and then a whole lot of casting to restore the horses. the mage would lose 10% of his treasure share in fresh onyx!  He started out as neutral good but slowly faded to neutral as he continued to play with his pack train.  he probably had more practice raising the undead than most evil priests in the area, but never let his creations attack the living.  The character was interesting... by skill he was specialized in evocation

• Like 1

So, if we don't get an arcane caster, I'll volunteer to fill that role with a Telepath, possibly a Subpsionic one (I'll dig up the info if it becomes necessary).

I'll wait and see, though, 'cause I like ninjas.

• Like 1

I can do it. I have All THE BOOKS. Psion it is, though I may go with something other than telepath. Metacreativitity is also good. Astral Constructs are good for all sorts of things.

I'll get the subpsionics stuff uploaded and a link sent out for the DM.

• Like 1