Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

KoiPwned

I have one around but you'll have to wait until I get back to home. I am travelling to Springfield or wit a hard copy.

With weavers you don't need an account, it's anonymous to view public posts. I will probably run my first attempt up this weekend when I get down time. (Trip is 9 hours each way so I could come home on the weekend just to turn around and go back the next day but it's just not worth it.)

On the plus side I have my paint kit with me...

And as an interesting point, I don't know if healing spells work on bardss..

• Like 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason to go Swashbuckler is that tinker gnome with +INT to damage will be super awesomely utterly useless because that doesn't work against undead and constructs iirc. Yeah, maybe take a closer look a ToB.

The only reason to go Swashbuckler is that tinker gnome with +INT to damage will be super awesomely utterly useless because that doesn't work against undead and constructs iirc. Yeah, maybe take a closer look a ToB.

Which you can get with the Duelist PrC. If you're looking for tons of maneuvers, Swordsage is the way to go. If you want a little more durability, but don't mind giving up maneuvers to get it you can go with Warblade. Crusaders are more like paladins, but their maneuver refresh rate is better. It all depends on what you want.

I promise I won't dominate Strahd, like I did last time. (Which is why I chose a Shaper instead of a Telepath.)

Speaking of my shaper, I'm waffling between a human and [something else] for race. What are the DM's views on things with level adjustments?

What? There is nothing wrong with bards. My last bard was an epic performer who could really bring the house down. Sometimes right on top of the party.

Gnomes on the other hand... uh, did I say I wanted to play one?... they're harmless. Really. Trust me.

Now for something completely different.

If a character were to use Bardic Knack (PHBII) instead of Bardic Knowledge, and had the Jack of-All Trades feat (CA), could they actually go ahead and attempt checks on any skill ever devised?

Yes, I'm totally looking into ways of making a silly character hop up and down1 that line2 between genius and madness3, awesome and useless4, and all that.  Prestige classes be damned if that's what it takes!

1Hydrodynamics-powered pogo sticks? Worth looking into.

2Preferably non-euclidian
3Likely not an actual line then. Something fractal, presumably.
4Cogless cogwheel? Might be onto something there.
  • Like 1

actually the character in question was a gnome bard. we were caught by an evil king.  The king had heard about our great bard's performances and wanted one or we would be killed.  Only, where was the gnome?  she had slipped her bonds to go collect some raspberries she saw on the side of the road.

the party escaped with the loss of two members and a good chunk of magic items, only to be met about a half mile down the road by the bard with raspberry tarts.  that was the beginning of gnome hunting season....

• Like 1