Sign in to follow this  
Komplex

P03310A Children of the Zodiac: Aries Conversion & Paintjob

Oh wow. That's an awesome conversion, especially for a newbie! I've been at this for... coming on two years next month... and I haven't tried anything near as ambitious! 

• Like 1

Thank you <3 

I got kind of carried away with getting her as accurate as I could - I've cosplayed her also, though I need to build myself new weapons for her. 

I've also cosplayed her - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206191311839930&set=t.523853450&type=3&theater =]

Edited by Komplex
  • Like 2

Wow!! Both your mini and the cosplay look amazing!

I just started with minis too, so I don't have anything to really add except, "wow!!"

For your cosplay - the horns and hooves are SO COOL. I love it!

• Like 1

*squeak* <3! 

Thank you so much =] 

I managed to find an edge-and-a-half blade in a weapon sprue that I plan to paint up at some point and pop onto her belt or something, as well as build a new real-world weapon for her. 

• Like 3

Cheers ^_^ <3

Hopefully I'll have some more to pop up fairly soon - my minis aren't living with me at the moment, so I have limited paint time. 

Nice conversion, I'm coming up on 3 years painting and haven't done anything nearly as ambitious. Just keep doing what you're doing, it's working.

Thank you ^^

I found the horns mega fiddly, but I otherwise quite enjoyed the sculpting =] so I do plan to do a bit more of it. Fingers crossed with some practice I'll get a bit less hit and miss with drybrushing and I've had an idea or two for tackling faces when I next reach that point, so hopefully I'll have a bit of an upgrade to show on that next time round =] 

Nice conversion work. Most folks tend to be afraid to mod their minis, even when they've been at this for awhile.

One tip about taking pictures of them, though... It generally looks better if you use a medium grey or other neutral-colored background. (It shows off the colors better when taking the pics, helps to keep the pics from being too dark or too light, and you won't end up with all that glaring white space distracting from the mini because you photoshopped out the background...)

Thank you =] 

Cheers for the tip - this one was shot against a bit of plasticard while standing on a sketchbook, lol, so the white is legit. It's been a while since I've even faux-studio shot anything though, and good lawd a 50mm 1.8 lens isn't the best in the world for this (curse my lack of macro!) - next round of photos will definitely be better =] and I'll rig up a grey background somehow. No doubt I've got some card around somewhere I can use to build a neutral environment for them. 

Thank you ^_^

Won't lie, I always get super nervous about joining new communities - so thank you all for making me feel so welcome x 

• Like 3

Most folks tend to be afraid to mod their minis, even when they've been at this for awhile.

AM NOT

Ok maybe.

• Like 1

Thank you ^_^

Won't lie, I always get super nervous about joining new communities - so thank you all for making me feel so welcome x 

No problem, this is a very friendly place. Very active and there's a lot of great artists/hobbyists here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this