10mm Lizardman Mage-King on Floating Throne (Pendraken & GW conversion)

Chris Palmer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaaaaat, 10mm is a thing for fantasy minis??  I didn't even know.  These guys look great even if they weren't microscopically tiny, so it's that much more impressive to know how small of a scale they're at.  Nice arrangement!

Thank you!

Yes, 10mm is a very popular size for fantasy mass battle gaming. The old Games Workshop Warmaster figures were 10mm, and a number of other manufactures followed suit with their ranges

Yeah, that's part of the reason you see a lot of old-school mini painters who prefer to paint everything with a 5/0, 10/0 or even 30/0 brush - a lot of them are used to the smaller-scale wargaming minis because it's likely that's where they started in the hobby.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Hack Mini Painter
      Hi Gang,
      Been a while... this project took some time. The shoulder and knee pads were a lot of "cut and paste" (read kitbash). This isn't strictly the "Emperor's" lore, but I'm just a painter so I do whatever I like. I've also been a bit obsessed with fluorescent paint lately, and the plasma gun got the full treatment.

In the end I didn't try pushing this project further as I was just running out of gas. Perhaps I could have left it on the "shelf of aging" for a while and come back to it, but in the end they made a sweet squad that I'm pleased with. See the sides, back and all that. Here.

Thanks for checking it out,
      HMP
    • By veoviscool12
      Overview

I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.

The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.

The original figure; this is the backup.

The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.

You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.

There are no visible gaps on the outside.

The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
      just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.

The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
    • By Evilhalfling
      The term was introduced into evolutionary biology by L. A. Borradaile, who described it as "one of the many attempts of Nature to evolve a crab".  1916. 
       It is believed to have independently occurred 5 times. 

or a wizard did it. 

this was a 45min conversion at reapercon hobby hijinx tables. Made from an angel, drider and flail snail, painted as hermit crab. 

if I did another, it would be easier to paint the drider as a sea-elf instead of adding a new mini.   Not sure why I would want a second, but it was fun to make! 

• By Glitterwolf
      I will paint and create a Reptilian Army pure for fun.

It will consists of many different kind of Reptiles and Amphibians.
      Mostly Snakemen, Lizardmen, Frogmen, Dragonmen, Turtlemen, Fishmen, Dinosaurs and Insects.

I will happily include any monster I think will fit.
      A Tarrasque will be the centrepiece at some sort as the Living Lizard God.

I do not play any games, so this will be pure for my own and (I hope your)  fun to create.

EDIT: The above was my original plan, over time and thanks to the comments made by other Forumites, this has developed into a story.
                This resulted in more Factions I wanted to build and paint, so this Project now also includes Pirates, Conquistadores, Native Warriors based on Inca/Aztec/Maya cultures.

EDIT: And now it will also include Undead!

Captain Luigiano and his army had been travelling through the jungle for weeks now.
      The sunlight was blocked by the dense canopy of trees.
      Some of the men had contracted fever, and those darn mosquitos were a big nuisance!

He looked at the golden plaque he had obtained.
      Gold, with a snakeman made out of gems on it.
      With this he had convinced the men to follow him.
      Somewhere in this accursed jungle there was a city made of gold, he was sure of it.

They would conquer this city and become rich beyond belief.
      He looked at his army, they even had a few cannons.
      Nothing would stop them!

Finally they reached a clearance.
      The men were pleased, at least they could see the sun again.
      They took a rest and a drink, tended to the sick.

Suddenly they heard a loud roar from the other side of the clearing.
      Birds flew away, trees where falling!

Some poison darts flew and two soldiers fell, they died before they hit the ground.
      A loud roar and an enormous terrifying Lizard appeared.
      One soldier died out of fear from just looking at it.

Then the Reptilian Horde emerged from the Jungle.

• By Rickdraco
      As I mentioned in the thread on the Captain with Terminator Honours, here is the best painted Dreadnaught I have done, the trident symbol on the  front is the chapter insignia. Let me know what you think!