Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
"Spelunking at Midnight" Diorama featuring converted Lanell, Female Rogue and Arthrand Nightblade, Elf RangerBy Peithetairos
Some may have seen it in the Facebook Group already, but I am working currently on a spelunking diorama that is a study in OSL. My first serious attempt at OSL it turned out to be a daunting and mindbending affair. I established the base colours and lighting via airbrush and then went back in with brush. Still a few things to fix, but it is getting there.
I did this conversion for a contest. I think he fills the role fairly well. I removed his sword and the pistol in his belt (it was a bit miscast and had no detail.)
By Hack Mini Painter
Been a while... this project took some time. The shoulder and knee pads were a lot of "cut and paste" (read kitbash). This isn't strictly the "Emperor's" lore, but I'm just a painter so I do whatever I like. I've also been a bit obsessed with fluorescent paint lately, and the plasma gun got the full treatment.
In the end I didn't try pushing this project further as I was just running out of gas. Perhaps I could have left it on the "shelf of aging" for a while and come back to it, but in the end they made a sweet squad that I'm pleased with. See the sides, back and all that. Here.
Thanks for checking it out,
I'm working on a conversion for my partner's character in our Swords and Wizardry campaign. She's a half-elf rogue with red hair that dual-wields swords, but unfortunately Reaper doesn't sell an exact figure of that type. There are a couple of other figures that might have worked but we both really liked Lanelle's base, so I took on the task of converting her to wield two swords and carry a shield on her back.
The sword conversion wasn't too difficult; I bought three copies of Lanelle so I could take the sword from one and have a third as a back-up in case I messed something up. I carefully snipped off the sword, and used a pin vise to attach it. I used the baking soda and superglue combo to patch up a few small gaps. The shield was harvested from a 77024 goblin mini, and has a little pin in it which will attach to her back. I'm keeping them separate for now to ease painting.
The original figure; this is the backup.
The successful conversion; the red hair is stained from a previous attempted paint job that was removed with Simple Green.
You can see the gaps a little on this side, but they've very minor and I believe paint will help disguise it later.
There are no visible gaps on the outside.
The shield will be attached right in the center of of her back; if positioned correctly I think it'll
just reach the sheath on her belt and give the illusion that the dagger is just hidden behind the shield.
The donor shield and unhappy goblin; I think this mini will make a nice battle-scarred goblin with a tragic past.
The term was introduced into evolutionary biology by L. A. Borradaile, who described it as "one of the many attempts of Nature to evolve a crab". 1916.
It is believed to have independently occurred 5 times.
or a wizard did it.
this was a 45min conversion at reapercon hobby hijinx tables. Made from an angel, drider and flail snail, painted as hermit crab.
if I did another, it would be easier to paint the drider as a sea-elf instead of adding a new mini. Not sure why I would want a second, but it was fun to make!