Skeletons July Resolution Challenge

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      The main block of the force I was working on in September...

Emerging from the corn to defend the patch...

...and the whole force together...

Woe to the Pumpkin Smashers! 
      The companion unit to the archers presented earlier. 

The back pumpkin is from a set of doll house decorations, the front two are from the Reaper pumpkin blister.

Corn is made by JTT Scenery Products.

The shields being large and mostly smooth were conductive to freehanding the pumpkins on.

When the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween to bring toys and gifts to the deserving, and a painful smiting to the pumpkin smashers, it is vital that He should covering fire if He needs it....

Four of these were among the first minis I painted for the Army of the Great Pumpkin, and I finally got around to getting them enough friends to make a unit. The large Jack O Lantern is from Reaper's pumpkin pack, I don't remember who manufactured the tree, I picked it up in the model railroad section of a hobby store sometime around 1997. There's also an Army Painter Wasteland Grass tuft. The fence was scratch made from balsa wood.

Painted their shoulder skulls orange to represent the skulls of pumpkin smashers dyed with the remains of their innocent victims so as the pumpkin spirits can rest easy knowing they have been avenged...

Both the older "white and bendy" Bones and the newer grey "better detailed and not bendy" Bones are in the unit.

Later I need to spray primer the elf outta this so the leaves stay put.

The increased detail of the grey Bones really made itself evident while painting these.

• By MoonglowMinis
      So this past February, I got around to painting up these Bog Skeletons.  I was in need of more swamp zombies for Rangers of Shadow Deep and had these guys laying around and figured it was the perfect excuse for painting them.  Though I am a big fan of bog-bodies, I decided to lean more into a swampy look.  I figured they could be a bit more colorful and I got a strong vision of a green-tone horde of skellies.  Plus bogs are notorious for preserving bodies and these guys missing quite a bit of their flesh, organs, and hair.

More Below the Spoiler:

I had a lot of fun working on these guys.  They're very colorful despite being monochromatic and I think they're among some of my best work.  I tried out new techniques and pushed my skills.  In the end I have a group of evocative minis that really imply a setting beyond the limits of their bases.  I couldn't be prouder of these bone-boys.

I also recently shared some photos of some of my earlier attempts at painting skeletons.  It was really fun looking back at where I started - especially since these models are very similar to the Skeleton Guardians.  You can check out my old skeletons in the Show-Off post HERE.
    • By Maledrakh
      Want something to read? Click below.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)