Sign in to follow this  
djizomdjinn

03376: Sagittarius

I like this figure for a pony centaur.

This is sweetly painted.

• Like 1

Very nice.

She is smaller than you thought? What size base did you end up using? The bone centaurs fit nicely on a 2" base.

A 1" / 25mm base. She felt too small to warrant a full 2" base, especially since she's actually shorter than a lot of human-sized Reaper sculpts. I suspect that she was sized as a standing human height, and the pony half scaled to match, rather than a full-on horse with a human torso replacing the head.

The zodiac figures are a good set if you want a more petite centaur or mermaid than the standard figures.

Fans of "Omaha the Cat Dancer" may want to have a look at the Leo figure.

The belly dancing cow is pretty awesome.

Very nice.

She is smaller than you thought? What size base did you end up using? The bone centaurs fit nicely on a 2" base.

A 1" / 25mm base. She felt too small to warrant a full 2" base, especially since she's actually shorter than a lot of human-sized Reaper sculpts. I suspect that she was sized as a standing human height, and the pony half scaled to match, rather than a full-on horse with a human torso replacing the head.

Thanks for the info. I may have to pick her up. I have a centaur character in a Pathfinder game that has a ring of reduce person to fit through narrow hallways in dungeons. Plus yours is cute, so now I want to paint her.

• Like 1

All of the Zodiac minis are scaled to "medium" size and all fit on the same size base - they each come with a curved base (1/12th of a ring) that has their astrological symbol on it.

The bases are designed to fit together in a circle to form the Zodiac.

(There was apparently a plan to design a piece for the middle of the circle, but that never ended up happening.)

I have the full set, and all of them are pretty cool.

Edited by Mad Jack

I keep forgetting to mention, I love the added bowstring.

Haha, I string all my bows. Even if it's a bit awkwardly shaped or scaled, just getting the silhouette right I think makes it look so much better. It's not too hard with some quick set superglue and some thread (or hair, if you want finer strands).

I really like the similar (or same?) color you used for the skin as well as horse body, very nicely done!

Thanks! The idea came from a centaur painting I saw by an artist named Nei Ruffino, whom I met on a different forum.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this