ForgePrints

Foundations

Great feedback arbiter10!

I believe we are discovering and adjusting our positioning as each day passes.  For instance this campaign versus our first campaign has a few key differences.  We are offering the full color bases for those who would like to base models with high quality bases that might otherwise have simply stuck with the plain black plastic bases.  We also are offering all of these bases in a solid white unpainted option.  A simple coat of primer and they take miniature paints well!  The bases have a very heavy premium feel to them since they are not made of plastic.

We also have a full line of accessories that we are developing, for the foundations kickstarter we decided to try and keep it focused on bases afraid that mixing the bases with accessories like we did last time caused the project to look unfocused.  We have also changed our model to a pick only what you need model.  Every base and accessory can be purchased separately, no reason to get forced into buying more of a product then you want.

We also have some very nice looking dungeon tile systems in development that are almost ready as well as full creatures that we will also be introducing.  We are going to stick with the full color versions as well as the flat white paint yourself options for everything we do. 

We are a bunch of guys and girls that love gaming in all forms and love technology, I personally have been painting a warhammer lizard man army and some war machine models recently and wanted to blend in latest generation 3d printing technology to make something incredibly cool and unique.  we have been blessed with the means to invest a substantial amount of capital into our passion and want to bring something new and unique to what we love!  We have invested over $200,000 so far, and we are just trying to get product into the hands of everyone so we can get exposure and more wonderful feedback!  Our $1,000 funding goal is not whats important to us its getting this into the hands of people like you and the great feedback and exposure that comes with that!

I plan on being an active part of the community, and hopefully as this small kickstarter demonstrates value and thrive on everyones feedback!  We are looking to build an offering that fills true want and need of our customers in creative and unique ways that have yet to be discovered!

Thank you for helping us bring this vision to life :)

Kevin and the Forge Prints Team!

• Like 1

Were down to our last 24 hours to go, and only $250 till funding!  We wanted to thank everyone for their support and hopefully we cross the finish line!

Thanks,

Kevin and the Forge Prints Team

• Like 1

Ok Im in.

Its a small Buy-in and these guys really seem so sincere. The bases look decent enough, But Yeah I kinda agree with the above assessment they are stuck between The tableotoppers which don't need an elaborate bases and the show-casers which do their own bases. My 2 Cents, just my preference, but Id like to see a kickstarter on the props mentioned. I have a ton of bones and metal figs and terrain incoming from dwarvenforge. Id love to see some premade, ready to go, CHEAP props for wilderness, Dungeon and city encounters. Also SPELL Effects. We have some bones but Id love to see more. Good luck guys lets hope you get the last $83.!!! 

AJ

Thanks for the support amuller33!

I am intrigued by Spell Effects.  Can you give me an example of what you mean? We have a ton of accessories we have been developing so after we fulfill this one and get some initial feedback we will bring this to kickstarter when we feel its ready and any needed adjustments are made.  We will also have an ecommerce store up in the next month or two.

Thanks again for the support,

We made funding with 5 hours still on the clock!

I wanted to personally thank everyone who helped to make this become a reality :)  We can't wait to get the product into everyone's hands and start to get some feedback!  Once we get the product in peoples hands and the feedback processed we will be sure to bring our take on accessories to the community.

Thank you once again,

• Like 1

Sure there are a number of spells that have enduring effects which should be tracked on a map. As a cleric I have to keep track of spiritual weapon ( A Hammer with a clear base would be great). Other spells that could use a nice little trinket would be web, Guardian of faith, Blade Barrier, Wall of stone etc. Basically anything that stays on the map for more than one round would be useful. I was also like to have some sort of small circle that could go around  a figure to indicate conditions, like fatigued, poison OR buffed like bless etc. Just spitballing here, I may be the only one interested in these things.... Might have to et a 3D printer myself!!!

AJ

Very cool concept I never thought of that!  What scale size should these "spell effect icons" be? I think this is something we will explore and perhaps merge into our accessories offering :)

Thanks for the concepts if you have any more that you think would be cool and unique feel free to share them and perhaps we can make them reality!

Most DnD gamers play with a 25mm round or 1in square base on their minis. That would be a good starting point for those types of things. These bases step up by the inch (2in/50mm, 3in/75mm, etc.).

Definitely 28mm scale. I have hand crafted a few items...Took a reaper hammer placed it on a clear plastic stick for Spiritual weapon. I think it would definitely be in with accessories, just a few more items o add in as a stretch goal next time??

• Like 1

We have not tried making any of those yet, but it sounds like a great idea.  What type of designs would be interesting to you?  I will slate it for the dev team to work on shortly!

Thanks,

Rewards are currently being shipped out!  We can't wait for your feedback and in use pictures.  Once again thank you for your incredible support, and we will be sharing with this community shortly our next kickstarter with additional bases and our take on accessories!

Thank you once again,

• Like 1

Got mine today. Feeling them, they feel a little rough, and they feel like they may soak up a lot of paint. I'm thinking I may prime a few with Gesso to keep wasted paint to a minimum, and I'll try a few with brush-on for the sake of experimentation. The few pre-colored ones that were sent along are nice looking, and I can see myself purchasing a few of these mushroom bases at retail as objective markers. Pics to follow.

EDIT:

20150925_181018.jpg

20150925_181047.jpg

20150925_181059.jpg

• Like 3