• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Finally! These were among the first miniatures I bought and the nucleus of my original undead army in the 90s. Over a year ago I decided that I ought to repaint them, and so began a saga of Simple Green, several starts and stops, and entirely too much procrastination...but finally now that the Leafening is done....

A mixture of Grenadier (the standard bearer and champion with the freehanded shield), Heartbreaker (the ones with armor) and Mirlton (unarmored). The standard and shield emblems are those of Elizabeth Bathory. One of the first vampires I bought was the GW Isabella von Carstein and she had the Bathory vibe to her, so since I painted these as wights, I figure that they are her personal guard. 

Kinda visible are the greenish tinge to the weapons and eyesockets to signify their wight-dom in a low key way.

and here they are with the army thus far...

• By MoonglowMinis
      I've got more dead things for you today.  @Igormortis isn't the only one looking for some dirty dead!  Here's my little collection of swamp zombies.

The crowning jewel of this set is of course the Dreadmere Wight from Bone 4 Dreadmere.

He's got plenty of character packed into such a simple model.  I love him.

Along side him we have a repainted Zombie from D&D Giants of Legend prepaints (#40).

I've had this guy for ages, way before i learned to play D&D or ever picked up a mini brush.  His paintjob was pretty bland and I definitely think I (un)livened him up.  Would make a great shaman-type mini.

And filling out the horde we have the Zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Again.  Rather bland sculpts, but I like them a lot more now.  Their weird posture was the inspiration for the swamp theme as I imagined them pulling themselves up out of the muck.

All together, they're a fun thematic set and add for some variety to my dusty Graveyard Zombies.

Which one do you like best?
    • By Sophie was taken
      This was a trio of orcs I recently acquired for cheap and liberated from 20+ years in blister packurgatory. They are from Grendel’s “Leviathan” line, and the sculptor is unfortunately not credited. These are some seriously hefty minis, slightly larger than (but still to scale with) Reaper’s Orc Berserker, et al. 

Mostly I wanted to try out my new basing stamps and these guys made a good excuse for that. I also wanted to experiment with orcish skin tones. The remainder of the figures I wanted to make less “nice” and more “uniform”, so most of the details were simply basecoated, hit with some GW Nuln Oil, and occasionally highlighted. First up, the spear carrier:

For the skin, I used a base of MSP Brilliant Green. This is, in my opinion, a poor choice for orc flesh. Great for a tree frog though, probably. 

For all three, the square leather armors are Leather Brown, and the fur fringes/hats a mix of Desert Sans and Mountain Stone (to match the orc from the LTPK). Cloth areas are Templar Blue, marking them as the Blue Team, I guess.

Next up, the...standard bearer?

Very similar in attire, with the addition of a big fuzzy cloak done with Intense Brown. I actually attempted to do some layering, but big and fuzzy isn’t the most conducive surface to work on. His skin is a 1:1 mix of Naga Green and Tanned Skin, and I think it came out quite nice. I really loved his expressive face and big tongue. 

Finally, the swordsorc:

By this point I had ceased caring about quality (aside from skin) and my brush control was fading rapidly. Came out good enough in the end, though I wish I’d done his vest in a different color. Despite looking a bit greenish (to my eyes) in the pics, his skin is a 2:1 mix of Palomino Gold and Tanned Skin. I like it, it’s sufficiently “non-human” and a nice change of pace.

Comments and critiques welcome, leave them below. Additionally, if anyone can identify who sculpted these it would be much appreciated. The molds are currently owned by Scotia Grendel, but they don’t list the sculptor either.
    • By Valthorn_Illian
      Here's a few picks of a Barrow Wight Guardian that I started last week and only just got around to getting pics of. What's really funny is that this figure has been primed, on a base and in storage for nearly ten years.

Future plans include:

1. Fresh damage to armor.
      2. Free hand image on shield.
      3. Weathering and rust on sword and armor.
      4. Green glow from eyes, mouth, and neck of armor.

Feel free to share ideas for shield image, I have no ideas right now.
    • By Nightwing
      Here is the wight from the Grenadier Monsters box set. Since wights hate light, I should have toned down the base and made it dirty/rocky. Oops. Another experiment with Army Painter's Strong Tone. This time with pale gray skin instead of the greenish flesh of the previous zombie. I'm not as happy with the gray + Strong Tone look. I added the bone. As I mentioned elsewhere, all the undead models in the box set have their right hands raised up for no apparent reason, so I feel compelled to make a reason. In this case, he is gnawing on a bone.