Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

1 minute ago, etherial said:

See, I *love* the Behir. It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad I got two Stoneskulls. There's so much awesomesauce in there.

The Stoneskull is full of a lot of different critters, it was very satisfying. Even the outlaw dudes are great, I am sure I will make many of them into PCs as they are far more interesting than many of the regular core dudes.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, dreamakuma said:

Oh yeah, besides the flag, I love the model. In a worst case scenario, I'll just swap it for a weapon.

My flag snapped.  Just below the flag.  May be able to fix it with glue but I was shocked at how brittle that flag pole was.

A box of mystery?

sTRq_1BFHnerejkQagV-Tx6iEK24YMxacBKaYiBi

Stuffed full!

t7VLBmLB7wyqA8DD2zoR21EtEK-p_sYFXRET7Ne_

A bundle of joy.

leDRb_bfHp_v-5sUdq5H0oqgMMq-V0fQyrg_Rqog

Going through the checklist, everything is accounted for. With a bonus bag of 1"-2" bases.

Next big step, inventorying *all* the parts.

The box was a heavy sucker. Kudos to the packers, I can't fit everything back in the box now.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

My flag snapped.  Just below the flag.  May be able to fix it with glue but I was shocked at how brittle that flag pole was.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd the rest of Kyra and lavarath is softer, but the Pole is rigid? Is that an error or was that planned?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spoonmerlin said:

Shipping tip people might not know.  If you create a free account with Ups they will email you when a package is headed to your address. 

Another shipping tip: If you are shipping a surprise gift to a family member, they will ALSO get an email when the package ships. 

Ruined a a surprise birthday gift for the wife. She knew what it was when she got the email.

• Like 6

So I was talking to a gamer in my group about plans to make Traukzul a platinum dragon to be a counter to the evil Mal. He suggested making a silver human for when the dragon god was in humanoid  form. I told him I really didn't have a mini to spare.. and then showed him my pile of over 600 new Bones :)P. he looked at me as if I were a madman and slowly backed a way :(

AJ    

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, amuller33 said:

So I was talking to a gamer in my group about plans to make Traukzul a platinum dragon to be a counter to the evil Mal. He suggested making a silver human for when the dragon god was in humanoid  form. I told him I really didn't have a mini to spare.. and then showed him my pile of over 600 new Bones :)P. he looked at me as if I were a madman and slowly backed a way :(

AJ    

Just buy a pewter mini and leave it unpainted? 

• Like 7

Hourly update, 129 orders were processed between 9-10AM CDT. A total of 1845 wave 3 orders has been processed so far. Wave 3 is now just under 400 orders from wave 2's total.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, etherial said:

See, I *love* the Behir. It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad I got two Stoneskulls. There's so much awesomesauce in there.

I didn't even think about doubling up on Stoneskull. A good number I'd like to have doubles of.

Woot! Just saw a wave 4!

39 minutes ago, dreamakuma said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd the rest of Kyra and lavarath is softer, but the Pole is rigid? Is that an error or was that planned?

I often use a bit  of stiff wire or a pin to fix broken limbs of weapons (and glue of course).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Ebonwrath's wing may not be your doing.  Mine has a ding in it too.  I tried boiling to straighten it, but it bent back again.  I suspect there is something off, either with the mold, or with the technique people are using to remove that wing from the mold.

For what its worth my Ebonwrath has the same flaw. I did not boil mine, I used an sous vide immersion cooker to heat it longer at somewhat below boiling so it didn't get totally floppy.

That's a nice job. :)

• Like 2