Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I ment was updates that contained more minis to be added for purchase post-kickstarter... So what you're saying is that its possible and even if you lock in we could still add them later....

Yes. The video shows exactly this starting at about 2:50 to about 4:20. Spend your pledged amount on rewards today. Come back in 2 seconds, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc. and add more items to your reward selection, make a payment for these additional items. Come back again in a few weeks/months etc and do it a third time. Do it 20 times. Just don't do it so often you lose your home ;)

Curious

Will the new Bonesylvannians come out in metal like the others or are they Bones exclusives.

They may be available in metal but there is no plan to release them as a non-limited SKU, just like the other bonesylvanians.

I think this kickstarter just got a lot more expensive.

For the glowy weapons I agree with some of the previous comments.

I see the clear useful for invisible weapons, maybe for ice.

-blue for general magical weapons,

-green for ghostly or undead beings,

-purple for evil or cursed,

-red for flame/heat

Would have been nice to have a sword or two with a tubular blade included.

So there is probably going to be a "structural support piece" built onto the sprue that is a long cylinder, made of clear plastic, that might be easily added to any sort of hilt if you really wanted a clear, colored plastic cylindrical weapon blade, for some unknown reason. I'm sure when we show pictures of the prototypes, you'll be able to spot such a thing and you can add it then if you like.

https://ks.reapermini.com/bones3

Does this mean that those of us who missed the Kickstarter can now pay more and get the same packages?

Absolutely!

Because you're only allowed 10 of any given reward.

Actually, not really. Kickstarter removed this clause in their most recent Terms, so there is a way to do it. While the Dropdown only goes to 10, if you place one order with 10, and then a second order with 10 more, you can totally get 20 of everything...

I am a fan of giants. I missed Bones 1, but snagged every one of the giants when they became available for retail, and haven't missed any from B2 or B3. With that being said, even with reduced costing, I won't be picking these up.Sure, the scale might be better, but I just have a hard time justifying re-buying something I already own.

Clear weapons? No desire. I am just going to paint them...but, I think these will be really cool additions for a lot of the "tinkerers" out there... :)

Bonesylvanians? Oh ^%[email protected] YEAH!!! I came close to pulling the trigger on these last October, in metal, but had already missed the deadline for the first set, and have been bummed about it ever since. I am gonna pounce on these like the Hammer of an Angry Dwarven God!

The only question I have is: How long do I have to "lock in and pay" for my pledge? I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to get these, but this is a month of financial woes for me, and really don't wanna have to sell blood in order to get these...

• Like 1

I am a fan of giants. I missed Bones 1, but snagged every one of the giants when they became available for retail, and haven't missed any from B2 or B3. With that being said, even with reduced costing, I won't be picking these up.Sure, the scale might be better, but I just have a hard time justifying re-buying something I already own.

Clear weapons? No desire. I am just going to paint them...but, I think these will be really cool additions for a lot of the "tinkerers" out there... :)

Bonesylvanians? Oh ^%[email protected] YEAH!!! I came close to pulling the trigger on these last October, in metal, but had already missed the deadline for the first set, and have been bummed about it ever since. I am gonna pounce on these like the Hammer of an Angry Dwarven God!

The only question I have is: How long do I have to "lock in and pay" for my pledge? I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to get these, but this is a month of financial woes for me, and really don't wanna have to sell blood in order to get these...

This seems to be confusing most people, I guess because it's something nobody else does.

You don't have a set time limit, really. I mean, we will shut it down eventually, likely in June 2016, or July. We'll announce when, however it goes.

But moreso, you don't have to decide all at once. Place an order today. Add extra funds or don't, either way it's ok. Come back when you do have funds and place another order. And if you want more than you have funds for the, place a third order when you have more. The only limit is how much you need and how much you are able to spend.

As an example, I have a $100 pledge. That was all the money I had available during the campaign but this week I have $20 extra in my pocket.  So today I got to the PM and I spend $120. That's my $100 pledge "credit" and the $20 I had available. I also happen to know that in 2 weeks, when my wife gets paid, I'll have $15 more dollars. So in two weeks, I plan to come back and add in one of those Bonesylvanians for $15.  And I know that in december I'll get a Christmans Bonus and I can come back in December and get that Ma'alDrakar for $60, so sometime in December I place another Order and add that, too. And so on. And the best part is, it all ships together!

The video in Update #51 shows an example of this starting at about 2:50 to 4:20 - one order is placed, then a second order adding even more funds is placed.

Months. Will close some time next year.

Edit - Ninja'd by Bryan

Edited by Talae
  • Like 1

Very cool! Looking forward to hanging a player from the gallows! 

I designed the rope so that when in the flexible Bones material it should open up to go around the head of whatever character you want to hang.   ::D:

:blink:

That is ... disturbingly genius.

Well, I have been a DM for 35+years, so I do have a bit of an evil streak in me.

Yes and now my mom wants me to make a mock guillotine so player can get that scare...

I almost made one of those too, but was running out of time and then Reaper asked for the camel.

• Like 12

So there is probably going to be a "structural support piece" built onto the sprue that is a long cylinder, made of clear plastic, that might be easily added to any sort of hilt if you really wanted a clear, colored plastic cylindrical weapon blade, for some unknown reason. I'm sure when we show pictures of the prototypes, you'll be able to spot such a thing and you can add it then if you like.

BRILLIANT!

• Like 12

I was hoping there might be painting DVDs again (since I hadn't started painting when Bones 2 happened), but there is a lot of cool stuff in this update. I wasn't really big on the weapon sets during the actual KS (great idea, just not something I'd necessarily use), but I find myself really liking the clear different colored sets. I might have to add some of those on (along with the tons of other stuff I'll be adding up until June...)

• Like 1

Katie clarified.  She is using the Tamiya clears on the existing translucent Bones models from B1 & B2, not on styrene.

Thanks for that clarification LadyStorm - greatly appreciated.  Right!  Time to find some clear styrene swizzle sticks or similar around town and do a little testing with the Tamiya Clears then - it won't be definitive of course, but it should at least let me know if I need to be concerned about the alcohol-based acrylic of the Tamiya Clear paints melting the plastic.  It should be fine:  the Tamiya Clears are used on model aircraft canopies and the like all the time from what I understand, and I've never heard of any issues.

• Like 1