Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

And a polite request. Do not send emails offering support or commiseration. With the volume I get, they add to the work load and only make it worse. The 200+ emails in the box regarding B3 are enough of my time without the well intentioned adding to it.

• Like 16

Also, I can´t find out what the light blue slice of pie is.

Is referring to 476,000 minis (14% of 3,400,000)

Also also, The options (bright orange) shouldn´t be 36% (35.88%) of the pie chart?

(sorry, I am too much a mathematics enthusiast to let go numbers and chart and don´t want to know everything about it)

The light blue is the models that are part of a core set but are not ordered in core set boxes - "Core Set Extras"

The Pie sizes were calculated automatically. I just assume they're accurate.

Looked at comments- was someone who asked for a refund really told reaper was too busy with reaper con?

The auto reply does say that, but all refunds requested have been issued already. Nobody has been forced to wait over a week.

Just out of curiosity, let's say I want a refund. Just over 70% of the money I paid didn't go through Kickstarter; I paid it directly to Reaper via the pledge manager. Would that portion be refunded in full?

Customer Service (ladystorm or Adrienne, 99% of the time) doesn't break down the pledges with granularity. They get the sum and multiply by .9 and refund that. believe me, we're not profiting off cancellations.

drat.  you know what this means.  I have to wait on my bones Mal.

... which means...

my willpower while gazing at a resin version of Mal for sale at Reapercon....

WILL CLEARLY NOT LAST AT ALL!!!!  NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:down:   I am in trouble.

• Like 17

Well, I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the updates, I'd have no idea that it was going to be late. I just don't pay attention to the due date, I figure the stuff will get here when it gets here. Or not. Although this does remind me I should check on the Midgard KS progress.

• Like 11

drat. you know what this means. I have to wait on my bones Mal.

... which means...

WILL CLEARLY NOT LAST AT ALL!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:down: I am in trouble.

The peer pressure ghost says "doooo iiiiit!"

• Like 6

Well I am a bit disappointed, more in the Chinese company than in reaper.

*looks longingly at all the lovely bones, now coming net year.*

then at the pretty giant I will probably have to buy in retail.  It did't make my order, or any of the times I added things to the pledge manager. 

she is bigger and badder than I was expecting. 

I still have 3 dragons and 20 other bones to paint. 

When Bones 2 was late, I sped up and finished Bones 1.

I am not even close with bones 2. 

I'm impressed you got through Bones I, you're an inspiration to us all. My spreadsheet says I'm 50% of Bones I and 14% of Bones II.

• Like 7

I can be patient. The number of minis we order cannot be afforded after this. So we stay in. I must have my gigantic dragon...

• Like 5

drat. you know what this means. I have to wait on my bones Mal.

... which means...

WILL CLEARLY NOT LAST AT ALL!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:down: I am in trouble.

Ub3r says do it.

So do I. maybe we'll get to see 2 finished versions.

• Like 5

I am curious what these delays from Reaper's Chinese partner could mean for future production plans.  Are the delays, in part, because Reaper's Kickstarter was more successful than expected?  Is there any difference in production times between different Chinese factories?

The delay has little effect on me, so I'm okay with it.  I wish all Kickstarters were as forthcoming about delays and expected fulfillment dates.

• Like 3

That someone was me. I admit to being nonplussed by the auto-reply email, as it was not what I was expecting from Reaper, who has always treated me well. I probably should have waited a bit for a response from an actual person, but was pretty unsure of when that might occur. To be clear, I'm not really upset about Reaper reporting a delay in Bones 3, but I have grown to realize that perhaps Kickstarters aren't the best venue for me. I have a great deal of trust in Reaper, but I have a growing distrust of overseas suppliers and think I would prefer to deal in a more traditional exchange of commerce. 

Looked at comments- was someone who asked for a refund really told reaper was too busy with reaper con?

perhaps, sort of...

I answer [email protected]
I'm out of the office until after the show and the auto email responder states that.
If they chose to take it in that context, it isn't exactly wrong. The message was written when I left the office on Wednesday before I knew about the update. If I knew content of update in advance I might have worded auto responder different.

• Like 7

I dont understand what is wrong with people sometimes.  Its Kickstarter.  you should damn well expect it to not go perfectly.  To which it hasnt the past 2 prior times either.  Granted I dont think we've had this big of a delay and while Im saddened...Its not the end of the world.  Its not like reaper is going to jerk people around.  They need to chill

• Like 3

The more KS a company runs the more people expect them to factor in previous issues and delays when they come up with a timeframe.

If all your Kickstarter's are late then add on an additional chunk of time to allot for it. like a extra 6 month China factory buffer.

Edit- just looking at the old Ks and times and it looks like they did throw more time on this one, china is just tough to deal with.

Or for some companies (cough Mierce cough) just put the delivery date 5 years....

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 5