Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making sure, is sledge hammer is going to get a regular release after the KS? because that looks really good.

Everything will get a retail/Distribution release.

We have never produced any Bones models that were exclusively available to KS backers, although in bones 1 the Metal "Kickstarter Sophie" was not offered through normal retail channels.

The packaging for the sledgehammer looks nice. Which is a good thing, since it will probably stay in its packaging for quite a while at my house (*cough* like my dragon's don't share). 

The giants look great, crisper than I would have thought. Maybe since they are larger than the existing fire giants they retain more detail? It will be a good test of my painting improvement to see if I can get the new set looking any nicer than the old set. The old set of fire giants are the only giants I ever finished.

I for one am glad to wait patiently. I've had a lot of pre-orders come in on slow boats, and this kind of thing is just to be expected. I waited for Bones 1 (and still have lots of those to paint) and had I done Bones 2 (I didn't due to lack of money) I would have been ok to wait for those as well. I'm eager to see my Ma'aldrakar, but I am honestly not worried about this being fulfilled, nor am I in a hurry to get my stuff.

The whole point is that we are helping for Reaper to do more in the future, so this is an investment. I pledged because I believe in the company, and I still do. Very much so.

Let it come in March, I say.

Am in a similar boat. Majority of my Bones I and Bones II remain unpainted. Started to get a little antsy for the giants as my huz will be running Storm King's Thunder starting in January, but we already have the storm giant (unpainted I might add) and probably enough giants to get us by before we get far enough in the campaign to need more. Anytime in 2017 is fine by me.

• Like 3

All of that shipping information, just to end with a "Then we'll have 80% of the product!"

Which means, the estimated shipping date is still unknown as there are further shipments needed. Reaper won't start sending anything until they get 100% of the product, unless they've changed their mind on that.

Part of me wonders if it's economically feasible to send out the Core + Expansion Sets when they're in and wait for the add-ons, but it seems to me to be very unlikely. It's one thing if the add-ons and only the add-ons were delayed several months, another thing entirely if it's just a matter of weeks between the two.

Etherial, that would make shipping for them much more expensive, as it would be extra boxes being sent out. Not to mention it ties up their warehouse floor for a longer time, as delivery would go from a few weeks to a few months as they ship out what's able to be sent at that time as it all comes in. I wouldn't count on any partial shipments, or shipping out to those that have all the items they ordered stateside.

• Like 2

My disappointment is a steady stream... So as Ravendas states, no real ETA, other than Spring now looks unlikely... or less so... :( Which will also mean delay on the next project from starting.

I don't know if you CAN win with an at best 6 month delay compounded with no actual dates as to how long the delay will be. I don't think "win" is possible here...

On a more cheery note, I love the giants. Wish I had gotten some of the frost giants but all the fire ones that  I did get. Look excellent. The sledgehammer looks good too but I still don't have a use for it so....

So onward to more waiting and hopefully an ETA that is not Summer.... My birthday is February. Is that possible?

Oh, and if the option to pay extra shipping to get what is on hand is offered, I would take that offer.

• Like 2

Etherial, that would make shipping for them much more expensive, as it would be extra boxes being sent out. Not to mention it ties up their warehouse floor for a longer time, as delivery would go from a few weeks to a few months as they ship out what's able to be sent at that time as it all comes in. I wouldn't count on any partial shipments, or shipping out to those that have all the items they ordered stateside.

Ravendas is right.

We'd rather face another few weeks of angry messages than the logistical and ... budgetary... nightmare that dual shipments to literally every backer who requested the missing Options. Not to mention the additional Taxes/import fees our overseas backers would owe when they got 2 boxes at 2 times.

From what I could interpret, if by some miracle the final containers are on the very next ship, were looking at a ship-to-backers date starting no earlier than April 2017, more likely sometime in the summer.

As excited as I am for Bones IV, I hope that Reaper can hold off on launching that Kickstarter until Bones III is fulfilled, even if it means pushing it to Q3.

• Like 2

UUUHHHHHGGGG, WHY DID I LOOK AT THE COMMENTS? WHY?

there is literally no way that people will ever like that we tell them about delays, no matter how open and honest we are.

Like I said, last Update I received angry emails because I didn't address the status/timeline (never mind that 2 weeks ago i did not know even as much as I do now re: next containers). this time I did, and now I'm getting angry emails because it's not good enough, and our delays are considered now a moral or ethical failure by the public, who is now able to see a process that for decades was invisible.

No update that is not "fulfilment begins tomorrow" will have any result other than angry comments and emails. 

I realize you all look forward to update Fridays, but I literally lose sleep over anxiety over these things. I for one am very excited about the concrete progress, and the specifics i finally have after so many months of not having that information, but it's really rather upsetting to be vilified because it doesn't match up to our best guesses for how long things would take when we began this last year. 

Oh, and friends, stop fueling the fire. Maybe they're blowing off steam, maybe they aren't. But attacking them doesn't help. It doesn't make us look better, or yourselves.

From what I could interpret, if by some miracle the final containers are on the very next ship, were looking at a ship-to-backers date starting no earlier than April 2017, more likely sometime in the summer.

As excited as I am for Bones IV, I hope that Reaper can hold off on launching that Kickstarter until Bones III is fulfilled, even if it means pushing it to Q3.

I can state without fear of correction that Bones IV will absolutely not launch until we have shipped all Bones 3 reward orders to all backers. Most likely, we will also already be done shipping the replacements to backers who receive damaged parts or are shorted components (in a project of this magnitude, some of this is inevitable, and we account for it).