Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

Monthly pledge add ons is a terrifying concept.  

What are you people doing?!?!

Spreading the pain out so that it can instead be a bunch of little bursts of pleasure.  Try it, you'll like it.  It's not addicting at all.  Really. /crossed fingers

He's right.

>twitch<

• Like 2

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really feeling that Flesh Golem, which is too bad.  He looked a lot more dynamic in the concept art and was one of my favorite pieces from Stoneskull.

*looks at concept art*

*looks at mini of golem*

I dunno, they look pretty much the same. I bet he looks much better when painted. I like to see painted version (especially of metal minis) because they're much easier to see all the details and whatnots. Not that I'm gonna paint them up as good as Derek Schubert :lol:

• Like 6

And what is with this bit of bullstuffery?

LOCK IN YOUR ORIGINAL PLEDGES NOW

Don't forget, if you have not finalized your Original pledge, you need to do so as soon as possible. How can you tell if your pledge is finalized? You'll see "COMPLETED ORDERS" in the upper right corner of the manager screen, in the Green bar. If you do not see that phrase, you have not told us which rewards you want for your original pledge.

When we are to have at minimum six months to finalize our pledges, with mention of only having to lock in shortly before the boats are on the water or some such

After that, there will be 6-8 months during which ALL BACKERS MUST use the pledge manager at least once to give us their shipping address, and to tell us which rewards they want. At that time, you may also add additional funds for more rewards.
Edited by scorpio616

:huh:

Locking in pledges now helps Reaper to know more precisely what they need to have produced now in order to be ready for shipping later.

The more people lock in pledges early, the more accurate Reaper's orders from the manufacturers can be.

Clearly you *can* wait to lock your pledge. It's just more helpful for Reaper if you take care of it early.

• Like 7

I'm not really feeling that Flesh Golem, which is too bad.  He looked a lot more dynamic in the concept art and was one of my favorite pieces from Stoneskull.

*looks at concept art*

*looks at mini of golem*

I dunno, they look pretty much the same. I bet he looks much better when painted. I like to see painted version (especially of metal minis) because they're much easier to see all the details and whatnots. Not that I'm gonna paint them up as good as Derek Schubert :lol:

Head was upsized a significant amount, which changes the whole feel of the model. In context of the image the golem was in made it look like it was meant to be large, the metal one looks like it might be medium, in so much that a Reaper miniature is ever medium anymore thanks to heroicscalecreep. Definitely looks like some details were left off and / or changed. The extended cylinder no longer has a positive terminal. Some of the plates look like they are missing.

golm_zpsxlrjsoh9.jpg

:huh:

Locking in pledges now helps Reaper to know more precisely what they need to have produced now in order to be ready for shipping later.

The more people lock in pledges early, the more accurate Reaper's orders from the manufacturers can be.

Clearly you *can* wait to lock your pledge. It's just more helpful for Reaper if you take care of it early.

If they said it like that, that would be one thing. Big bold letters shouting lock in now!, as if people missed some sort of deadline is another thing completely.

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 2

And the pose is quite different - in the concept art, his weight is settled back on the rear leg quite a bit, and he's crouched slightly. His shoulders also seem to be rotated slightly from the hips - it's a very realistic fighting pose. The actual sculpted mini has a very boring straight-upright stance that makes the arm positions look less like someone in the middle of a fight and more like... someone randomly flexing, maybe? Hard to tell what he's doing. Even aside from whether it matches the concept art, the stiff-legged, straight up and down body posture just doesn't work with the arm pose. It's dull and lifeless, and unnatural in the wrong ways. Combined with all the other subtle changes, it went from really fantastic concept art to a very "meh" figure. ::(:  Overall I'm still happy with Stoneskull, but this particular model just doesn't achieve what it should.

• Like 9

Gotta admit I'm not really sold on the golem. I liked the concept art but the actual figure, ehh it's ok but it's one I wouldn't buy in a blister if I saw in person.

Just curious is he gonna have a knee plate? I think that was one of my favorite parts about it.

I will say that pic is better then what I seen on my phone, as it felt like it was missing allot of detail (it was the angle & light of the pic). I was thinkin if it looks this bad in metal, what will it look like in Bones??"

I still like enough of the expansion, just not so sure I'll get it thou.

• Like 1