Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

I just found out about the Bones Kickstarter campaign. I'm a little bit late to the party but the KS page says you can still contribute to it through the calculator link. Is this incorrect? I'd really like to get in on this great deal.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can join post-Kickstarter, through the Pledge Calculator/Manager but it will not be for the KS prices.  You will have to pay about 20-50% more for the figures/sets, but it will still be for significantly less that the retail cost.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 4

Congratulations on the success!

Please, please, please, PLEASE revise the male Kitsune miniature to be digitigrade (canine bone structure in the legs) instead of plantigrade (human bone structure). For one, the female model is already digitigrade, so having them be different would be disorienting. Second, it is my opinion that digitigrade looks better because it helps pull the Kitsune away from the "animal-headed human" trope.

Thanks for listening!

~ Alexander Augunas

PS. The difference between digitigrade and plantigrade locomotive structures is more complicated then what I posted, but I'm on my phone typing this frantically. ;-)

• Like 13

Congratulations on the success!

Please, please, please, PLEASE revise the male Kitsune miniature to be digitigrade (canine bone structure in the legs) instead of plantigrade (human bone structure). For one, the female model is already digitigrade, so having them be different would be disorienting. Second, it is my opinion that digitigrade looks better because it helps pull the Kitsune away from the "animal-headed human" trope.

Thanks for listening!

~ Alexander Augunas

PS. The difference between digitigrade and plantigrade locomotive structures is more complicated then what I posted, but I'm on my phone typing this frantically. ;-)

Agreement here.

On the one hand, yes, kitsune are traditionally shapeshifters, so presumably their leg configuration could vary.

On the other, it does look disquietingly inconsistent.

• Like 6

So anybody have a guess how many Ma'al Drakar will be in each cardboard factory box? I'm kinda curious. It was 4 DDSII per box, so maybe 2 or 3 per box for Ma'al Drakar.

Harrek, on 24 Jul 2015 - 8:37 PM, said:snapback.png

TaleSpinner, on 24 Jul 2015 - 8:01 PM, said:snapback.png

Bryan said, IIRC, that 10,000 pieces is the minimum order.

10k pieces?  Is that of the same figure?!?  I'd hope not!

There were at minimum 8352 Dragons Don't Share II produced. 4 units per box, 2088 boxes.

ddsb_zpsrpyqdyaa.jpg

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 5

So I am a bit late to it all as I see i missed the pledge cut off date by about a week or so.  But I will just join in when they allow for more orders (at a slightly higher price...grrr).  Just wanted to hear from everybody their thoughts and what has you most excited.

I missed ks1 but got in on ks2.  This time around I will probably skip the core set and grab a few individuals from the core and mostly the big stuff.  I am excited about Maal, dragon tyrant and the giant worm (finally a gargantuan purple/great worm).  Also looking forward to the ogres.  I love ogres more than almost anything, followed by trolls.  Not every miniaturr company does them well in my opinion, because I hate skinny trolls and ogres.  These new ogres look beefy.  They have that feel like they would scare the crap out of a group of medium characters.  I am a fan of the movie version of Lord of the Rings trolls and how they are designed so I love seeing ogres with that kind of look.  I know D&D makes their trolls thin and with long noses, but ogres are pretty much the same thing but fatter.

So what do you all like from the new ks3?

• Like 4

It'd be easier to list what I'm NOT in love with. Corsairs, Mythos expansion.....ummm....that's it. Best kickstarter yet.

Rakumi- It's still an amazing deal even at the higher after kickstarter prices. When bones 2 was going on, I had just started painting and wasn't too sure how much I would adore the hobby. So I only got a few add ons only adding the core after it ended. I feel your pain. :-)

• Like 1

This is the third Reaper Bones kickstarter I've backed.  I didn't pledge for a core set this time, just put in a $1 base pledge and then cherry-picked by pledging for add-ons or "extra" sets of stuff from the base pledge.

I still dropped about $120, but dang, I am reaching saturation.  At this point I've painted not quite a hundred, meaning I've got literally hundreds of unpainted minis remaining, and more of them on the way next year.  If there is a fourth, I'm probably going to opt out.  I've just got too much already.  At this point, it's easier to wait for retail and pay a little more to get only the exact figures I actually want, rather than a giant set that will invariably include stuff I don't need.  Prime example: the Mythos expansion.  I was tempted.  But all I really wanted from it was the cultists and the altar from the first portion.  The rest was not useful to me.  So I skipped it.

Still super-happy with Reaper as a company.  Good quality merchandise, good support, good prices, and the forums are extremely helpful.  But there are limits to my motivation to paint.  Not to mention storage space.

• Like 7

The Kickstarters have taken over my army purchases of late.  The deal is great, but I agree with the sentiment that saturation is heavy.  I can't imagine what would've happened last year if I hadn't been heading to Disney then I would've dove head first into the CAV kickstarter...

Btw, noticed that the Pledge Manager has appeared on the site.  I assume that will be functioning soon?

Edited by Wizard Lee
  • Like 2