Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

There were complaints after Bones 1 when the shipping order was rearranged for efficiency. The waves make an tidy list with a built in priority order so that expectations are managed.

Most people don't complain about faster than expected delivery, and Reaper doesn't have to work themselves to death getting packages out at a breakneck pace because a delay between waves is expected.

• Like 5

**** Starts setting up his painting desk***

*** Ok! I'm ready for it!!!***

• Like 4

I seem to recall that for Bones 2, they had periods where they concentrated on international orders before returning to their scheduled waves.

I think it went like: Wave 1 local -> Wave 1 international -> Wave 2 international -> Wave 2 local -> Wave 3 local -> etc.

• Like 3

FaGWTAe.jpg

Also, for 2 they wound up shipping international and PO boxes ahead of everything else because of issues with USPS that would've caused a big delay for those people otherwise, IIRC.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, naponatom said:

Hehehe, couldn´t find the picture exactly, so I don´t know wich one, but it appears Ever Lotus departed from South Korea, made tree stops in China before went to LA, so no Hong Kong. 
Other than Ever Strong, the only other ship departed from Hong Kong in the last month was the Ever Sigma. And all of them looks the same.

Hahahahaha

Thanks for the update, Bryan! :bday: Also, thanks for the logistical details about number of minis and cartons and such. I like logistics. ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, naponatom said:

Hehehe, couldn´t find the picture exactly, so I don´t know wich one, but it appears Ever Lotus departed from South Korea, made tree stops in China before went to LA, so no Hong Kong. 
Other than Ever Strong, the only other ship departed from Hong Kong in the last month was the Ever Sigma. And all of them looks the same.

I have spent more time since I got back from lunch learning about cargo freighters than I probably ever needed to know.

Out of those two ships one is considered 

AIS Vessel Type: Cargo - Hazard D (Recognizable)

and the other is

AIS Vessel Type: Cargo - Hazard A (Major)

I do not like the sounds of that second one so will just go with the first but tracking both now.  The internet is a great but very scary place.

Looking forward to hearing some good news in two weeks...or sooner.  So much going on in the next month I am not sure that I am prepared for a very large box of Bones to show up. (all lies)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Thanks for the update, Bryan! :bday: Also, thanks for the logistical details about number of minis and cartons and such. I like logistics. ^_^

Huzzah!        

Who doesn´t! In logistics, everything is awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naponatom said:

I tried to actually calculate how many total miniatures were in the 20,000 boxes and I get variable results depending on how you count "miniature". Like, the Mouselings are two models per sprue, but the spreadsheet counts that as 4 pockets, not 8, while the image shows 8 "models". So by the LEAST generous definition I can allow, counting "pockets" not models, wherein things spread together are ONE item not many, I get just a hair under 4,000,000 miniatures spread across the 20,000 boxes. If I changed that to count models that were sprue together, we'd have to decide if that included the weapons which come 12-24 to a sprue and suddenly everything is thrown into chaos again. And then does Ma'al Drakar's base count as miniature?  It's enough to cause headaches.

And if you don't count bases and weapons? 

Incidentally, did you know there's an even geekier hobby than trainspotting?

Containerspotting...

There was even a KS to print a guide back in 2015.

(On glorious synthetic, waterproof paper. Yes, I'm one of the sad anoraks who backed it)

Evergreen...

Founded in 1968, and went from a single second-hand vessel, to being the fourth largest shipping company(with 160 ships) after MAERSK, MSC, and CMA CGM.(2015 data. Things may have chaned a bit since then). 

They're known for their green line, and their L-class ships feature reduced carbon emissions and a more streamlined hull.(And probably quite a few 'smaller details')

Notable ships:

Ever Leading (8452TEU) the largest in their fleet as of 2015

Ever Summit (7024TEU), involved in the 2014 rescue of 16 seafarers in the South China Sea.

Ital Glamour (3428TEU), bombarded with RPGs during a failed pirate attack in 2011.

What? 

Anyone thought modern shipping was boring?

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

And if you don't count bases and weapons? 

Incidentally, did you know there's an even geekier hobby than trainspotting?

Containerspotting...

There was even a KS to print a guide back in 2015.

(On glorious synthetic, waterproof paper. Yes, I'm one of the sad anoraks who backed it)

So, did the kickstarter deliver the guides?

And did you get to track the container on it's way to the US?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hungerfan said:

I have spent more time since I got back from lunch learning about cargo freighters than I probably ever needed to know.

Out of those two ships one is considered 

AIS Vessel Type: Cargo - Hazard D (Recognizable)

and the other is

AIS Vessel Type: Cargo - Hazard A (Major)

I do not like the sounds of that second one so will just go with the first but tracking both now.  The internet is a great but very scary place.

Looking forward to hearing some good news in two weeks...or sooner.  So much going on in the next month I am not sure that I am prepared for a very large box of Bones to show up. (all lies)

Does this mean there is a chance that my Bones minis will give me superpowers?

• Like 5

I think Ever Sigma is your ship.

According to the tracking info it is currently floating just south of me in Shizuoka prefecture, Japan, on its way from Hong Kong to LA.

I can reach out and touch the bones from here :)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:188571/mmsi:235009850/imo:9300398/vessel:EVER_SIGMA

Edit...

Ever Sigma is out of Taiwan. It could be any of these.

Left Hong Kong on the 15th http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:409080/imo:9604122/mmsi:352135000/vessel:EVER LOTUS

Left Hong Kong on the 13th http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:202731/imo:9241281/mmsi:235554000/vessel:EVER ELITE

I don't know why I care, but it is fun to find.

Edited by Dwarf-Lord
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Woohoo!

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!        

Oh, me too!  My studio may be chaotic, but I love that kind of orderliness.

9 hours ago, naponatom said:

I know, right?

• Like 5