Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

Is it weird that I didn't get in on the KS but I am excited for all the unboxing videos?  It sucks but its all I got since I got into the hobby after it completed.

You guys think the delays will be the same for Bone IV?  Or you think they will just give a later fulfillment date?  

• Like 4

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Is it weird that I didn't get in on the KS but I am excited for all the unboxing videos?  It sucks but its all I got since I got into the hobby after it completed.

You guys think the delays will be the same for Bone IV?  Or you think they will just give a later fulfillment date?  

I am hopeful that there will be less extensive delays. That being said, I okay with them since Reaper has been in constant communication with us. If the same happens in KS4, I will be okay with it then too.

• Like 6

I continually find it amusing that some people complain incessantly about these delays when there are plenty of Kickstarters that never deliver. 

Reaper, while I can't guarantee I'll join in future Kickstarters, you've run the Bones ones very well, and I wouldn't hesitate to join again.

I might ask for a Bonesium addition to my house, though.  Seriously.  The wife is starting to get worried about where I'm starting to put everything.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Doug's Workshop said:

I continually find it amusing that some people complain incessantly about these delays when there are plenty of Kickstarters that never deliver. 

Reaper, while I can't guarantee I'll join in future Kickstarters, you've run the Bones ones very well, and I wouldn't hesitate to join again.

I might ask for a Bonesium addition to my house, though.  Seriously.  The wife is starting to get worried about where I'm starting to put everything.

I'm not complaining!  I wasn't part of this KS!  I am just curious what people's thoughts were and to find out maybe a little bit about the delays.  

I am just excited for other people to open their KS and post it on YouTube so I can watch and pretend I am opening them.

• Like 3

Actually the comments over the last week have been pretty mild considering the usual KS fare.  No foul language no demands for refund, just some typical grumbling about things being late and the usual folks trying to get stuff early.

• Like 6

I keep losing my 'follow' on this thread? Is it a problem with this thread in particular, or all pinned threads, or just a general problem with the new forums?

EDIT: Similarly, it appears I lose my follow status on Bones IV prelaunch. Is it a problem with popular or large threads maybe?

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

I keep losing my 'follow' on this thread? Is it a problem with this thread in particular, or all pinned threads, or just a general problem with the new forums?

EDIT: Similarly, it appears I lose my follow status on Bones IV prelaunch. Is it a problem with popular or large threads maybe?

Same thing here. I think that when things get modded in the thread, it bumps the rest of us off. thought that was gone after the update, but perhaps not.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 6:34 PM, Reaperbryan said:

I tried to actually calculate how many total miniatures were in the 20,000 boxes and I get variable results depending on how you count "miniature". Like, the Mouselings are two models per sprue, but the spreadsheet counts that as 4 pockets, not 8, while the image shows 8 "models". So by the LEAST generous definition I can allow, counting "pockets" not models, wherein things spread together are ONE item not many, I get just a hair under 4,000,000 miniatures spread across the 20,000 boxes. If I changed that to count models that were sprue together, we'd have to decide if that included the weapons which come 12-24 to a sprue and suddenly everything is thrown into chaos again. And then does Ma'al Drakar's base count as miniature?  It's enough to cause headaches.

That seems less like logistics, and more like accounting. :;):

• Like 3