Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to make sure she puts me in my place as an amateur, my partner painted this Goremaw.    

yes    

I got an extra frost giant king and queen, but everything else is good.

Posted Images

Received mine today and everything was there.  Like the previous Bones products, the larger minis are great and an excellent value, but the regular sized and smaller ones are on par with the past Bones minis: floppy swords, poorly detailed faces, etc.  The Dark Sword DVDs are really excellent though.

• Like 6

Okay, got my unboxing video uploaded. It's behind the spoilers, simply to keep the page loading from spamming out. And if it has a thumbnail that says "Cobra" in it, I can't seem to convince this website that I've changed that to the correct image. Eh. Time to keep painting the cobra now.

Spoiler

• Like 11
1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

Graveyard Expansion has been set up. Going to leave it there for the night so daughter sees it when she wakes.  The roof is not as easy to remove as I thought it would be. Had to loosen the corners some to be able to have a chance of popping it off to show the inside.Also did not attach "steeple" or whatever it is on the front of it and the hinge part to keep door on so it can open and close needs glue too.  I can see how you may want more of the fence too.

59279c19d4376_2017-05-2522_02_37.thumb.jpg.c8ca499b0a439a50788aaf37c53ec209.jpg

Are the white bones less flexible than past releases?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, hungerfan said:

What do you mean by what wings come with it?

Lavarath came with wings that are scrunched up and closed to be able to fit in the packaging when it was originally released in metal. But the wing connection was specifically designed to be able to be swapped with wings from Ebonwrath if you want the extended open wing look. If you just stick them in the wings are both fairly straight up, I modified mine to be at a bit of an angle for a better look.

Lavarath.jpg.b91d4108dbc9badbdb6c0fd45de63185.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone who posted videos and pictures this far!

Also, you're all way better at dryfitting than I am, I can never convince more than maybe 2 joints to stay together without glue.

And I think I remember Reaper Bryan saying the boxed sets will be out first, so Marthrangul and Goremaw should with me soonish.

Can you change your delivery option online to something like "please leave at door - no signature required"? We can usually do that here in the US for stuff from UPS or the USPS. The only problem is that if it gets stolen that option invalidates any insurance the package might have (so it's only useful in safe neighborhoods). Either way, I hope your Bones are delivered safe and sound. It's awesome that at least some of our Canadian neighbors are getting their stuff around the same time as us! 

If he has to pay for taxes and such the delivery guy has to collect that when handing over the package, if it's anything like getting international orders here.

• Like 4

Dutch.

I'm wave 4 ROW. Waiting for my shipping notice.

I understand that these waves are being transported to the UK.

So I will get a notification from them.

I must say I' m pretty pleased by this, it will save me a lot of customs / taxes.

Since I will be deployed during the upcoming weeks, I will probably get it when I get back end of June.

My girl will receive the package.

Seeing pics of how the minis look like for real, I wished I could stay home for this.

As for Kyra /Lavarath, I ordered one, and I do have the Bones Ebonwrath, would the wingswap work for the Bones version too?

I like the unfolded wings look, way more menacing.

• Like 6

Friday.

I preemptively weep for my buddies who will see that their package is so, so close. Yet somehow will not make it to their door until next Monday.

• Like 5