Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

I'm super excited for T'rauk and both Ma'als. Those three will be the first ones i pull out of the box and paint

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, sirgourls said:

I tried to dry fit mine, but his wings are so heavy that his legs pop back out. He is enormous. I'm not sure how he stacks up against a certain colossal red dragon mini by that other company of coastal mages (I haven't compared yet), but he is real big.

I saw someone dry fit T'Raukzul on Facebook using a bunch of rubber bands. I'll try to find it again unless someone posts theirs up first.

Edit: photo found!

FB_IMG_1495899545588.jpg

So beautiful! Thanks! Is it Tuesday yet?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

hey @buglips*the*goblin Is there plan for a size 0 t'rauk challenge? Or is it "One bigelf dragon at a time" thing?

I'm considering him for one of my Purple Cat Challenge minis, pending my actually getting one to see if it would feasible. I figure for a 5 day challenge he'd probably be a decent comparison to Ma'al in 7. But again, I'd need to actually have him in hand to say for sure. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

using those elastic bands is a great idea to have him held together on display until one is ready to paint/glue... I think I am going to have to use that

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, sirgourls said:

Yeah. I mean, Ma'al is still bigger, but T'Raukzul is still a force to be reckoned with. I'm a bit daunted by the thought of painting mine. I don't have access to an airbrush.

I guess I gotta power through a tiny brush challenge sometime, right?

The metal version weighs close to 3 pounds, as my wrists know very well...  Its the heaviest metal dragon i have ever done.  does anyone know how different the bones cast is from the metal?  it looks different

• Like 7

I would submit, lady boot, that if khanjiira is a 7 day challenge, thus should T'rauk, considering he's rather notably larger

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Kangaroorex said:

The metal version weighs close to 3 pounds, as my wrists know very well...  Its the heaviest metal dragon i have ever done.  does anyone know how different the bones cast is from the metal?  it looks different

As I understand it, it is a complete resculpt. And might be larger? He isn't heavy though. At least, not in pieces.

• Like 7

My package has left Fort Worth! Shipping estimate is 3 business days with a delivery of Thursday, so they don't seem to be counting Saturday. Maybe that means it'll show up Wednesday since it has left already

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

This is also one of my concerns considering that it *is* UPS cross-border shipping we're talking about (they're notorious for their customs clearance fees). Worsened by the fact my shipping address is the post office itself.

Next week will be "One of those days." :wacko:

Anybody with a PO box received theirs? I've had headachaches trying to get courier delivered parcels actually delivered. For the last few years I've had an actual house address to deliver to and still had headaches. One time ordered something using my PO Box (no house to house delivery in my tiny town). Courier calls me saying they won't deliver to a PO box. Straighten out the details taking some time playing phone tag and delaying the order a day or two. A few days later I get a notice from the post office to pick up. Turns out the courier handed things over to Canada Post anyway. I try not to figure out how some things work because it's so illogical it just makes my head hurt.

• Like 4

Welp, this is what almost 50 pounds of Bones looks like...

Spoiler

bb1Xyi_tYyk0KlLzuFt7-cwPYCzpAT8WGLG62Pu8

For context, the box in the background is the box we got our giant Bones 2 stuff in. It is... a little dwarfed by the new box, I think.

Also, Ma'al's retail box is INSANE.

PR0sv6jRGR7UVYAm10DCUk11LZoXmEb0A866vvT9

Good Sir Justin is a little Dwarfed.

FUMl4RsYyAgw_YOrCyzrbMjbTyMux6uCqgTM-VOj

And so is our table! Those smaller cardboard boxes on top (77580) would appear to be the condensed version of Ma'al's packaging. She actually condenses Really Well it looks like.

We haven't done a second unboxing of anything yet; we need to take an inventory. And that might take a while. At least we have a long weekend?

Oh, one thing I could check out--the artbook! It's really excellent. Great work, Izzy! It's some pretty amazing stuff. (I think my favorite's [still] Wyrmgear.)

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Xherman1964 said:

T'raukzul (hope I spelled that correctly) is THAT big???

And here I oreded Ma'al too because I wanted a big dragon.

*** Faints***

I like T'raukzul quite a bit more than Ma'aldrakar*. Heresy, I know, but I can see myself both finishing and using big T much more often than M'a'l'd.

* I hope you all have practice with glottal stops. I wonder if it says anything about the speech organs of dragons that they're so common in dragon names? :huh:

• Like 7

Don't look now, but it appears someone has broken into Reaper HQ and is sleep-fulfilling orders.

4 hours ago, Corporea said:

oh the agony!  My package is IN my town, cruelly trapped at the local UPS hub... which is closed today so I can't go pick it up.  Sigh.  Must...practice...patience.

Say it again, Corporea: Patience is a virtue.

Not right now it isn't!!!

Go over there and start scratching at the door, someone is bound to let you in. This is an emergency, they have to let you get your package! :poke:

• Like 9

I will not do any tiny brush challenges...

I want to take my time with the big elf dragons...

• Like 7

Same! and i can't really afford to buy dozens of the fancy tiny brushes, i'd have to buy cheap ones and then what's the point? it wouldn't be good at all

• Like 6

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lihmeth
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lair3d/legendary-dragons?ref=elr2ef

A shadow breaks through the clouds, filling hearts with wonder and dread; their fiery breaths captivating memory. These beasts live through songs that last entire generations, stories that become legend; for what could ever compare to the sight of a Dragon? LAIR is proud to present Legendary Dragons 3D-Printable Miniatures. Based on the Legendary Dragons 5e supplement by Jetpack7.

Handled by the same people as Dragons of the Red Moon, which has so far delivered some amazing STLs
    • By SamuraiJack
      they had this under 'Illustrations' and not gaming so I dont think a many people saw it..  get your Latorre busts while you can..  3 days left

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heramodels/the-sketchbook-of-blocsanchez-wasteland/description

About
      Hello everybody,
      We want to introduce you to Iván Sánchez, aka “Blocsanchez”, one of the members of HeraModels. We are thrilled to share with you his first sketchbook “Wasteland”. Within the last year, Iván has been working in the content of this book what wasn't easy to combine with his daily work of miniature concept artist in our small study. Iván is very passionate about traditional drawing, that is the reason why every design in this book is a pencil sketch except for the cover that is digital.
      With this and our future projects, our objective is to create an editorial line of fantastic art. We decided we didn't want a typical sketchbook, collecting drawings from forgotten notebooks where you can find all types of characters; we wanted to make something personal and with an argumental line.
      Then, after a lot of thinking, we decided to make a book collection of different races. “Wastelands” is the first chapter of the collection and embodies illustrations and sketches of barbaric warriors of the barren lands.
      Original Art of "Wastelands" example for pledges #5 & #6  The original book contains 48 pages but with your help we hope this number keeps increasing. We have selected the best designs with more than 50 characters and we hope all of them can be published in the book. We want the book to be handy and user friendly that is why its size is 17x24cm (6,7”x9,5”). Through the campaign, we will unlock different rewards that will make possible to increase the number of pages of this book and will vive you the possibility to get exclusive products only in Kickstarters. In this campaign, you´ll not only get our sketchbook “Wastelands”, it will be possible to choose the option to get an original sketch made by Ivan inside your book or to get one of the original illustrations printed on it. Later we will explain the campaign more widely.
      Original Sketch example for pledges #3 & #4  Later on we will explain every detail of the content in each pledge to make sure that you get what you really want. Besides, while the campaign goes on and we unlock other products we will update the content of each pledge.
        For those who have chosen pledge #5 or #6 you could choose between one of the following original illustrations, you just need to send us an email echen you make the reservation with the number of the illustration that you prefer. You can see the images in a bigger size in our website .
      Original Art of "Wastelands" for pledges #5 & #6
    • By Darsc Zacal
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/northumbriantin/the-curious-case-of-the-cats-of-crumptown-28mm-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

A fantastical range of White Metal Cat Miniatures representing the iconic fifth edition character classes of the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

No pics of the minis yet. Will update this post as more info is released.

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brybelly/the-deck-of-many-things-and-the-deck-of-many-fates-rpg-cards

Story
      The fabric of reality is twisting anew, and Fate herself groans in agony. An adventurer has received an artifact both ancient and strange: the Deck of Many Things, which deals boon and woe with the capriciousness of a fey princess.
      But something else is contained herein.
      Another deck, alike in power, bearing spells and shames never before seen in this world or any other. I present you, wise man or fool, with the Deck of Many Fates.
       Two Decks. Infinite Fates.
      All dungeon masters, veteran and novice alike, have heard the legends of the Deck of Many Things. A treasured artifact which can infuse any campaign with danger, wonder, and delight. But look here: another deck has emerged from behind the veil of mystery. A deck equal in power, yet bursting with epic confrontations and sinister secrets. The Deck of Many Fates.
      Comprised of two decks totaling 49 jumbo-size tarot cards, The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates are the perfect accessory for your adventuring party. Our finest sages have also included a guide on the use of these cards, as irresponsible operation may lead to disfigurement, death, and worse. 
      The Deck of Many Things has been an RPG mainstay for over 40 years. It is an artifact of immense power and extreme chaos. Twenty-two cards each contain a strange, potent, and often game-changing effect. Perhaps you shall draw the fabled Flame card, and with it the enmity of a powerful nemesis. Or, just as likely, you may draw the Gem card, blessing you with immense wealth.
      Unlike its relative, the Deck of Many Fates is a relatively new artifact, unknown to most. It contains a staggering twenty-seven cards, each with a new power, curse, or opportunity. The Deck of Many Fates may be used on its own as an independent deck, or shuffled together with the Deck of Many Things to create a 49 card hybrid of magic, terror, and destiny.
      The Deck of Many Things and the Deck of Many Fates includes 49 jumbo tarot cards, sized at 120mm x 70mm (~4.75" x 2.75") in two hand-illustrated tuck boxes, and helpful instructions for use and play.
        Shipping
      Hopefully this step is nice and easy. We've designed a lightweight, tightly-packed product that ships nicely. Domestic (USA) orders ship free, and all International Orders pay a flat $5.
      Campaign Updates & Stretch Goals
      This campaign will have no stretch goals; what you see is what you get. We'll be using the updates to reveal more cards from our mysterious, proprietary Deck of Many Fates.
      Risks and challenges
      Common risks for cards items and RPG accessories typically include product and fulfillment issues. We're partnering with an experienced supplier we've worked with on several major projects like Wolves of Mercia, Derby Day Horse Racing, Michigan Rummy, and Faerie Chess. We're confident in their ability to produce and deliver, as we've seen it for ourselves dozens of times!

EDIT: I am in. $15 for 2 Decks, 49 Tarot sized cards with free shipping to US. Seems like a good deal and a small risk. 
    • By Lihmeth
      Didn't see a topic for this yet.
      2 Limited edition miniatures in 80mm scale. 'Lady Godiva' and 'The Mirror', both based on classical paintings.
      Older miniatures in the series can be bought as an add-on. Comments on previous kickstarters are pretty positive, apparently the casts are good, they're well packaged and sent out on time.
      More pictures and videos on the KS page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1615588135/les-muses-lady-godiva-and-the-mirror

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)