Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Same! and i can't really afford to buy dozens of the fancy tiny brushes, i'd have to buy cheap ones and then what's the point? it wouldn't be good at all

Bah dum dum tis

Siri's funny.

• Like 9
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to make sure she puts me in my place as an amateur, my partner painted this Goremaw.    

yes    

I got an extra frost giant king and queen, but everything else is good.

Posted Images

Hourly update, 13 orders were processed between 2PM-3PM CDT. A total of 1820 wave 2 orders have been shipped/processed so far. A total of 78 orders have been processed today; there will likely not be any more.

High-end estimates of 1965 total Wave 2 orders leaves about 145 orders left to process.

Per @ladystorm additional orders and restocks may be run throughout the weekend, but are not required. We thank these dedicated Reaper Staff for all their hard work.

• Like 9
16 hours ago, stephaniall said:

We're in Vancouver, Canada, and we haven't received any tracking emails at all yet. Should we be concerned?

You might be one of the 60 or so canadian orders that were missed for some unknown reason. I am in the same boat. Bryan said we'd be sent in our wave order but I was in wave one and nothing has been sent yet (or at least no notices) - I sent in a formal email a couple days ago and they have said they are looking into it, but haven't heard anything back yet about when I can expect my stuff to be sent.

On the bright side, I think they are pretty aware of our messed up orders. On the sad side, we might be waiting awhile for our goodies. The other fellow I saw on here was also from BC (me too - Victoria!) - I wonder if there was some glitch about processing BC orders...

Edited by cycnet
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

I was fairly conservative during the Kickstarter, but I am so glad that during my second and third orders I had decided that I needed ALL the dragons.^_^

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I was fairly conservative during the Kickstarter, but I am so glad that during my second and third orders I had decided that I needed ALL the dragons.^_^

He's a great dragon. I am waaaay less regretful this Kickstarter than last as while I think he's a great figure, I still have so many dragons still to paint from KS2 that I don't feel regretful about not buying every single one this go. I still bought at least 4... but yeah... feel pretty good on dragons for the moment... which I never thought I'd say. Really so far the only really true regret I have is not buying 2 froghemoths like I originally planned to. And really, out of everything I was regretful about not loading up on last time... I barely bought any at retail so I clearly didn't want them

THAT much. So, that's a nice lesson in FOMO learned.

Really I bought waaaaaay more than I should have as is so I am just going to "suffer" with that.

Edited by cycnet
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Well, actually, that's "Tsojcanth" ....

::P:

We all have our crosses to bear.

I never said I was a spelling 'nazi'. :lol:

onky shows i didnt didn't google it. ::D:

• Like 9
1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

That makes sense. Just didn't know if it was strictly "Biggest KS" piece or "Really big pieces"

Yeah, the "biggest in the KS" is his thing; my shtick is more "very big but still doable in 5 days while also providing a challenge."  I haven't confirmed any beyond Cthulhu and Mashaaf yet, since I want to try the others I have in mind first to see if they're too impossible or super easy. ^_^

I'm considering Nethyrmaul, Wyrmgear, the Kracken, Kyra and Lavarath, and T'rauk. Possibly Shub Niggurath. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

I finally took the time to put together my checklist... I'd saved it until I knew my minis were almost here. Just under 500 of them. It's interested to realize how much my miniature needs/wants changed over the time since I started locking in my pledges. I kinda wish I hadn't gotten a second graveyard now, and instead got a few more of the add-ons or duplicates of some of the giants. Ah well, I'm still gonna love having extra fences and wraiths and stuff.

I'm pretty glad I didn't get ma'al. I have no idea what I'd do with that much draconic plastic.

Edited by Erk
  • Like 7

Mine have arrived and everything is here except... (drumroll) T'raukzul's lower jaw. It was the very last piece I was going to check and dry fit out of the whole order and it just wasn't there. ::(:  Off to e-mail the fine folks at Reaper support.

Everything else looks fantastic.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Jason Zavoda said:

Looking at the kickstarter I see that there was no figure placed near T'rock for scale. He was $20 though which was more than the other dragons (except for Ma'al). I didn't just miss Stormwing, I decided not to get him at the time. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but he is a regret.

That's exactly why I didn't get him!

He looked cool, but seemed overpriced compared to the other dragons (I figured he was about the same size),

Ah, well...

• Like 5
Just now, gothikaiju said:

That's exactly why I didn't get him!

He looked cool, but seemed overpriced compared to the other dragons (I figured he was about the same size),

Ah, well...

I'm glad I got t'rauk, but I keep looking at Viridius, who I didn't get, and wondering what the hell I was thinking.

Pretty sure if I'd got everything in the entire KS I'd still be regretting the ones I didn't get doubles of though. There's no satisfying the monkey on our backs.

• Like 12
1 minute ago, Erk said:

Pretty sure if I'd got everything in the entire KS I'd still be regretting the ones I didn't get doubles of though. There's no satisfying the monkey on our backs.

this. this. this. 

• Like 9
9 hours ago, Solauren said:

The UPS truck showed up, we opened the door and he handed us the package (23lbs) and walked away. No import charges. I felt silly holding my credit card waiting for the import duties. I wasn't charged anything. 

9 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I had no duty. A "small" box, though. I confirmed by confirmed by phone. The key is the origin on the label

6 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

It's taxes, not duties.

Thank you for all of the Canadians chiming in in response! If this keeps true it'll be a huge load off my mind (and my wallet). Although I will point out that I have had an instance where UPS did not charge me at the door, but sent me an invoice 2 weeks later.

And yes, I apologize, myself and many others have taken to calling all Taxes, Duties, Brokerages and Import fees as simply "Duties" out of simplistic sake, which is indeed not the case (not always anyway). When I had been estimating mine, I had indeed been taking Manitoba taxes into account, plus the UPS $10 Brokerage fee, plus the occasional $5 processing fee, plus the random $12 "Because UPS can charge you whatever they like" fee, all of which I've seen in random combinations before when having packages delivered by UPS.

I think my biggest issue is how inconsistent they are. I get it, rules and laws change, but I cant believe they flip flop every year. Through a program I have through work, I've ordered a discounted Intel CPU every year or two years for the past 8 years or so, and every time I do, even though its also been the same classification of item, and roughly the same price (exchange rates excluded...) I've been charged such wildly different charges every time UPS has delivered. Sometimes $12, sometimes (usually? Or at least the most often) around $32, randomly once $50, randomly once $0. Yes there can be differing reasons, but that seems like a bit much.

At any rate, that paragraph rant got a bit off topic.

The important thing is that Reaper has been doing a fantastic job these past two weeks, and that people are getting their products! :D

I'm personally still on the side of people that has no issue these are "late" compared to when they had been initially advertised. There are still so many Kickstarters that never even get anything, or get something much less in quality that they thought they would get. I know by now that I can trust Reaper to deliver in the end, so I had no worries.

:D

• Like 8