Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

3 minutes ago, jaryth000 said:

Wait, is there legit such a thing is a Reaper Paint Poker Tool, or is that a gag? Because whenever my paint get stuck I use a sewing needle, and its finicky and kinda a pain. If paint pokers are real, I would legit buy one.

they are real. 

• Like 8
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to make sure she puts me in my place as an amateur, my partner painted this Goremaw.    

yes    

I got an extra frost giant king and queen, but everything else is good.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

they are real. 

But they're not a "product". They're very labor-intensive to make, so Reaper has only made them available on special occasions (some ReaperCons, for instance). I would not expect to be able to buy them any time soon.

That said, other than the aesthetics, I prefer a straightened paper clip for clearing clogs, since IME needles tend not to clear clogs as well as the much blunter wire in a paper clip.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I would specifically recommend that you do  not include any photos with your message to Reaper (after they request them). Photos will cause messages to the help address to hit the spam bucket, and Reaper has not typically required anything of that sort.

Basically, tell them what your problem is and don't send pictures unless they request them.

Doug is correct. Reaper typically requests photos NOT be sent.

In any case it's best to wait for the instructions on how to deal with such issues that will be posted after Kickstarter shipping has ended.

5 minutes ago, jaryth000 said:

Wait, is there legit such a thing is a Reaper Paint Poker Tool, or is that a gag? Because whenever my paint get stuck I use a sewing needle, and its finicky and kinda a pain. If paint pokers are real, I would legit buy one.

It was real but I don't believe they are still in production. I know they are not available to order through Reapers online store.

• Like 7
  • Members
5 hours ago, sigmaone said:

I was hoping that Reaper would be doing more than just the painting competition at Gencon, like having classes; since I'm going there for the first time this summer. 

I don't know if May is any better for you, but I'm working on getting miniature painting classes at MarCon in Columbus, Ohio

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, jaryth000 said:

My old insulin syringes work great. I had a some left over when they switched to the pens but if you can find a hat pin those work well too.

So 3 or so hours in, I've finally gone through everything except the expansions and the core...and the blackstar corsairs since I'm saving them for the end.

This would likely go much faster if I didn't stop to play with each fig ::D:

Only "issue" so far is an extra pack of Savage Species II.

There were a lot of dragons in this kickstarter.....:blink:

• Like 11
27 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

This would likely go much faster if I didn't stop to play with each fig ::D:

This. I have inspected 11 items of my 42 item order. I haven't touched the core nor expansions. Hehe

• Like 8

I added two packs of hobgoblins to my pledge. Loving the minis, but not the weapons. Hmm, they don't look too bad in the pictures, but in hand, the weapons are more blunt instruments than blades. Also, if you look carefully at the second pair, one is missing arms. Lol

20170531_180230.thumb.jpg.0b5c8f8fe9430ce35746c7e3656ccb8c.jpg

42 minutes ago, dreamakuma said:

Has anyone put together or really looked at Kyra and Lavarath?

Mine has a VERY strange issue. The Flag isn't bones and is a bit bent.

I can take a look at mine.

• Like 8

Got my notice! Yay! I Locked in in February. I was having a very crappy night so this brightens it just a bit. As for pain clog clearing, I just use an old stick pin for a corsage from my best friend's wedding. Paper clips just try to rebend for me but this giant pin never fails.

• Like 6
  • Members

I'm not sure how I feel about the Behir..  I wish it was in the more rigid bonesium and that it wasn't integrated into the base.. I am surprised which models are in the harder bonesium versus the more traditional squishy stuff.

Overall I think there are a couple pieces in the stoneskull expansion I'm not thrilled with, but they were never on my 'highly anticipated' list anyhow..

• Like 4