Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

2 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

If paint pokers are real, I would legit buy one.

Yep, that right there is my legit Reaper Paint Poker tool! :wub: I acquired it at ReaperCon a few years ago. That's the only place I've seen them available.

2 hours ago, vulture said:

Its great to see froggies getting appreciation!

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOUR FROGGIE!!!! :wub::wub::wub:  He's my second favorite after Ma'al drakar. He's just so cute and squishy and adorable! ^_^

Sir Forscale thinks so too! :lol:

EFjFJsyl.jpg

1 hour ago, dreamakuma said:

Has anyone put together or really looked at Kyra and Lavarath?

Mine has a VERY strange issue. The Flag isn't bones and is a bit bent.

I'm looking at mine right now. The flag is indeed Bones, it's just a super duper stiff variety (though this really hard type is new to this KS; several of the tombstones in the Graveyard expansion are of the same sort).

How bent is your flag? On mine, the staff part is slightly bent; I plan to fix it by running just the staff part under really hot water for several seconds, then cold to set it. I don't know how this new hard Bonesium will react to boiling.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
wrong expansion
  • Like 13
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to make sure she puts me in my place as an amateur, my partner painted this Goremaw.    

yes    

I got an extra frost giant king and queen, but everything else is good.

Posted Images

Has anyone put together or really looked at Kyra and Lavarath?

Mine has a VERY strange issue. The Flag isn't bones and is a bit bent.

I have now dry fit mine. 20170531_211556.thumb.jpg.b515a464cb2c9b5e9ff9d139df26f460.jpg

• Like 14

Wait, is there legit such a thing is a Reaper Paint Poker Tool, or is that a gag? Because whenever my paint get stuck I use a sewing needle, and its finicky and kinda a pain. If paint pokers are real, I would legit buy one.

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

they are real. 

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

But they're not a "product". They're very labor-intensive to make, so Reaper has only made them available on special occasions (some ReaperCons, for instance). I would not expect to be able to buy them any time soon.

That said, other than the aesthetics, I prefer a straightened paper clip for clearing clogs, since IME needles tend not to clear clogs as well as the much blunter wire in a paper clip.

I prefer T-pins.  They're thicker than sewing pins, and are easier to push/pull.

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
(preposition trouble)
  • Like 10

Wait, is there legit such a thing is a Reaper Paint Poker Tool, or is that a gag? Because whenever my paint get stuck I use a sewing needle, and its finicky and kinda a pain. If paint pokers are real, I would legit buy one.

It's just a T-Pin with a skull cast around it in pewter. As mentioned by others, there are many things you can use that are as good or better.

• Like 9

I got my stuff yesterday!  And pretty much got to go through the box quickly then go upstairs to pack for a 3 day trip but I did get to see my goodies!  

I love my groggy!  The smug and satisfied expression of fulfillment just comes shining through on that model.  It's terrific!

The only real thing I forgot was the holes in Mal's wings.  Never did understand why a near god would have poor grooming habits.  But it's nothing a little green stuff can't fix...

As for the pokey tool, it's not JUST a t pin with a cast skull on it, it's a magical device that remains constantly at my desk and never gets hidden no matter what the debris (sometimes painting becomes more important than putting things away. :huh:).  The two I have have remained faithful for 3 years, much longer than any pushpin.::D:

• Like 10
50 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I'm looking at mine right now. The flag is indeed Bones, it's just a super duper stiff variety (though this really hard type is new to this KS; several of the tombstones in the Graveyard expansion are of the same sort).

How bent is your flag? On mine, the staff part is slightly bent; I plan to fix it by running just the staff part under really hot water for several seconds, then cold to set it. I don't know how this new hard Bonesium will react to boiling.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I've tried the hot water trick with No luck. had a bowl of just under boiling water, left in for about 20 seconds with no shape change or flexibility.

It's not super bent, But I'm a stickler as I'm doing the work on it as a commission

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, dreamakuma said:

I've tried the hot water trick with No luck. had a bowl of just under boiling water, left in for about 20 seconds with no shape change or flexibility.

It's not super bent, But I'm a stickler as I'm doing the work on it as a commission

My lance for Kyra was also slightly bent and the material its made of ISNT as susceptible to the boiling water trick as the less dense bones.  That said, I held it IN boiling water for a good couple of minutes (2-3)  and it did straighten a bit and become SLIGHTLY more pliable.  So i would recommend immersing it in a full boil for a couple of minutes and then try again. Even then if yours is heavily bent you might not have much luck.

Overall I really like Kyra and Laverath... it underwent the bones transition really well. 

• Like 4

You might try adding salt to the water to raise the boiling point. The glass transition point of PVC without plasticizer (if my research was correct) is 105°C, so you might well need water saturated with salt and boiling. (I think you'll need something like 80g NaCl/kg H2O dissolved.) And even then it might not be possible if you're at high altitude.

Reminder: Hot water is hot. 

ETA: If the water isn't hot enough, steam might be.

Reminder: Steam is much hotter than hot water. (Because of heat of vaporization.)

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 9
59 minutes ago, JGF said:

My lance for Kyra was also slightly bent and the material its made of ISNT as susceptible to the boiling water trick as the less dense bones.  That said, I held it IN boiling water for a good couple of minutes (2-3)  and it did straighten a bit and become SLIGHTLY more pliable.  So i would recommend immersing it in a full boil for a couple of minutes and then try again. Even then if yours is heavily bent you might not have much luck.

Overall I really like Kyra and Laverath... it underwent the bones transition really well. 

Oh yeah, besides the flag, I love the model. In a worst case scenario, I'll just swap it for a weapon.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, vulture said:

dang it! why did I lock in so late!

Oh, all that extra stuff I added.....right.....

I just know Im going to have a blast digging through the pile with my boys. I don't really remember what I got, but I kind of dont want to look so it'll be a surprise.

Its great to see froggies getting appreciation!

Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future.

• Like 8

Oh yeah, besides the flag, I love the model. In a worst case scenario, I'll just swap it for a weapon.

Reaper sells those little flags in tin too. If you wanted to keep the flag.

• Like 5