Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Not sure Reaper have said anything about which ship the container is on. Not aware of anyone here (Her Britannic Majesty's Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Seat of Imperial Power and Centre of the Universe - a.k.a 'UK') receiving notification

So near, yet so far. I just would like to know that it got here safely or is still on the way...

• Like 3

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glamberry said:

So near, yet so far. I just would like to know that it got here safely or is still on the way...

I'm with you. All we can do is watch the neanderthal-like colonials ripping open their Bones boxes on Youtube, and then try to decipher their drawling hootings as they attempt to describe what they think they're looking at.

Our turn will come. Be strong.

*runs*

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I'm with you. All we can do is watch the neanderthal-like colonials ripping open their Bones boxes on Youtube and trying to decipher their drawling descriptions of what they think they're looking at.

*runs*

Just remember, you need to stand in line*. 

* "Queueueueue" in BrE, I think. There might be a few extra letters there, but how could you tell? It's BrE, after all.

^_^

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I'm with you. All we can do is watch the neanderthal-like colonials ripping open their Bones boxes on Youtube and trying to decipher their drawling descriptions of what they think they're looking at.

Don't forget to mention how we have already been painting and enjoying our stuff too. :P

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Got one ma'al put together now

dragons.jpg

Looking at this photo, it just struck me.  Where the heck am I going to put that monster after I get it painted up!?  OMG, its a thing of beauty, though.  :wub:

For now, I just have to wait patiently for Wave 10 to ship (are we there yet?  Now?  Now?) :lol:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

It is possible I am oversensitive, but I've been in to many cases where the uninformed accepted forum posts as gospel, and then criticized us for things that they concluded based on a logic chain initiated by such speculation. Speculation bothers me tremendously. 

Now, I'm not using my moderator authority to tell you to stop speculating about things. But I am asking you to be aware that it makes me uncomfortable.

I don't know how this could have been worded any nicer. That was some class A word-smithing!

And even I have to agree: putting out speculations is only going to fuel fires that do not exist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canadutchian said:

I don't know how this could have been worded any nicer. That was some class A word-smithing!

And even I have to agree: putting out speculations is only going to fuel fires that do not exist.

That was my second biggest mistake besides the savage avatar sets. :/

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

For some reason this post bothers me. I dislike the speculation about the possible reasons for the delay we experienced yesterday. Likewise, the speculation that Wave 4 has precisely X orders because it has precisely x backers and will thus end when the ticker reaches Y, I dislike. For one thing, Wave 4 backers averaged a value between 1.1 and 1.5 orders per backer, but even knowing how many Wave 4 "orders" exist, you have to know how many Wave 4 US Zone orders exist - minus Canada. This is not really a value that can be reasonably predicted simply by counting bakers in a wave. I fear it sets up unreasonable expectations.

It is possible I am oversensitive, but I've been in to many cases where the uninformed accepted forum posts as gospel, and then criticized us for things that they concluded based on a logic chain initiated by such speculation. Speculation bothers me tremendously. 

Now, I'm not using my moderator authority to tell you to stop speculating about things. But I am asking you to be aware that it makes me uncomfortable.

Bryan - do you want me to send you some balls to squeeze? 

A little stress relief before the weekend

• Like 5

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

The 7-day competition is going to be quite something.  Legends will be born.

Minds will go insane.

People will be eaten.

Mini and paint collections will be looted.

50 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Not sure on the keg but I noticed a dimple in his belt on the right side in back that seemed to match the bump on the dagger.

That is correct, that's where the dagger thingy goes. Also, this is a small hook on the back of his belt where the keg would be. I have noticed the trend for the giant figures to have medieval fanny packs.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Minds will go insane.

People will be eaten.

Mini and paint collections will be looted.

That is correct, that's where the dagger thingy goes. Also, this is a small hook on the back of his belt where the keg would be. I have noticed the trend for the giant figures to have medieval fanny packs.

For our British cousins.

"Fanny pack" = "Bum bag"

And no, most of us don't know what it means.

• Like 7

I should have grabbed a Shubnigurabublabub (whatever) and a Mystic Circle. I'll grab them retail.

And Kphryxis and Stormywing...

Marthrangul I already have in metal. :wub:

How difficult would it be to remove Kyra & the saddle from Lavarath?

• Like 5