Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

29 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

We fill the trucks to capacity as fast as we are able, and they come to pick them at about 3pm, give or take. We often have product which has postage applied well before 3pm that simply will not fit on the truck, in which case it waits for the next daily truck. These are full-length 40' container rigs, so we get a lot on them, but we've got a LOT of orders per day and LOT of big items. We are careful to put the oldest pallets of orders in first.

Thanks, completely understandable. 

I am working now on both getting things ready for BaseBoss to start shipping, and to send out the next update. 

Please don't explode this thread

Heh, Megan cheated (again) and was waiting at her mum's when the UPS guy came by to make his second attempt - apparently our house is about to be invaded by Mouslings.

She is not going to be home when I get there - her mum is going to be waiting for me with Brigid - today is Megan's first night of classes at her art school for over two years. (She wants to finish off her degree, which has been hanging fire since we got married.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

We fill the trucks to capacity as fast as we are able, and they come to pick them at about 3pm, give or take. We often have product which has postage applied well before 3pm that simply will not fit on the truck, in which case it waits for the next daily truck. These are full-length 40' container rigs, so we get a lot on them, but we've got a LOT of orders per day and LOT of big items. We are careful to put the oldest pallets of orders in first.

I don't want to make this thread needlessly longer but really feel the need to add that UPS needs to process orders once they receive them so if you are checking tracking then it may take a day beforee UPS adds tracking information to the tracking number you are given. In another life I managed a warehouse that both shipped and received. I don't know exactly how UPS processes orders now but this appears to me how they do it. the volume of packages they receive is enormous and they have the process of inventory and shipping down to a science plenty of human error but they deal with that very well. Just be aware that they are moving at their best pace and it may still take some tome, 

Thanks gain to all at Reaper for all their hard work.

I got my stuff!!

• Like 10

Finally got home from vacation and got to open up the box that arrived a day after I left. So many new miniatures. Wound up with a retail Ma'aldrakar box, which is awesome to see and hold, but I wasn't planning on keeping it once the dragon tyrant is painted, so I feel bad that I got one instead of someone who wanted to keep the picture. 

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 6

My stuff got postage, it's supposed to be here tomorrow!!!!!! I'll finally get my dragons!!!!!!! Yay!

• Like 8

Bones impact! The cats have absconded with the shipping box.

Not a signed box; I figure Reaper Peeps don't know Mr. Thorne, and I don't mind, it means the cats can play in it.

I did get a Ma'al retail box though, and I kid you not, I did a happy dance on the spot when I realized what I was looking at. :wub:

Holy pants that is a big box. T'rauk is fraggin' HUGE. I'll have to double-check dragons, I have two unlabeled I'm pretty sure are Stormwing and Kyphrixis.

Fence posts bite (the spear-tips on that plastic fence? SHARP. Do not test this the way I did).

Everything appears to be present, albeit I have not assembled everything for completeness; I'll probably do that after the *SQUEE!* has worn off. If it ever does. ^^;

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

A group of people came in early this morning to do restock.

I want to say that I appreciate their dedication, it allowed you to finish everything off today. Great job to everyone working on fulfillment at Reaper, you managed to pull the fat out of the fire and make sweet delicious bacon with it!

Also, special shout-out to whoever lives in Alexandria, VA! You might be last, but certainly not least! Enjoy your Bones like the rest of us have!

And to @Reaperbryan, I might not have mentioned this before but thank you so much for signing my box. When all of you do this, it shows how much of a personal connection you have with all of us, and that it's a relationship of more than just company and customer. This is one of the many reasons why you're the best out there and why we appreciate everything that you all do.

• Like 10

Someone said they wanted pictures of the bonesylvanians... I think. Anyway, they're so cute I took pictures of them!

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

• Like 19

I gots my stuff today! Won't have a chance to really go through and organize for a couple days, but I gots my stuff! Really wishing I had ordered either a second Ma'al or at least a Marthrangul. I'd do the second Ma'al as a metallic dragon version...

20170607_183708.jpg

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Unruly said:

I probably stole your Wave 4, if your Wave 4 was a "Thank You" pledge. I know that I jumped in there at a point when everything seemed to be Waves 6 and up, but there was 1 freshly opened spot in Wave 4 Thank You, so I pounced and threw all the money that I reasonably could at it...

That very well may be the case, and---I want it back! ::D:

Seriously, though, there should be a nine pound bundle of joy arriving by the weekend!

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I want to say that I appreciate their dedication, it allowed you to finish everything off today. Great job to everyone working on fulfillment at Reaper, you managed to pull the fat out of the fire and make sweet delicious bacon with it!

Also, special shout-out to whoever lives in Alexandria, VA! You might be last, but certainly not least! Enjoy your Bones like the rest of us have!

And to @Reaperbryan, I might not have mentioned this before but thank you so much for signing my box. When all of you do this, it shows how much of a personal connection you have with all of us, and that it's a relationship of more than just company and customer. This is one of the many reasons why you're the best out there and why we appreciate everything that you all do.

You're welcome. LadyStorm and I were mostly applying postage and shipping/strapping/taping which gives us an opportunity to see the names. It's a fun diversion from the monotony of 1000 boxes. I found I looked forward to spotting names I knew. 

I imagine it is monotonous. Once Base boss is done, hopefully everyone can rest, or at least get back to their regular jobs. 

Edited by dice4hire
  • Like 5

Got mine today and recieved postage Monday. I almost freaked before I realized I did't pledge for the core sets and only got expansions and add ons. All the main items were there. Have a few multi piece items to check yet. So far only missing the head to the iron golem in the Stoneskull set ::(:

Many of the sculpts in the Mythos set were the grey plastic. A cursory look of these seemed to be a stiffer material with much higher cast quality than what I have come to expect from human sized Bones. If the cemetary set is the same material, I will definately be picking it up at retail....I could really use that fencing NOW! Lol ::D:

BUT, my favorite item is definately the art book. Will be drooling over that more at lunch tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Like 5