Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested in these clear weapons. Trying to decide if I need one of each. Do you know if they will still be rigid when clear?

I'm intrigued by the variety of colors. Why do you want the different colors?

The possibility of placing white LEDs inside parts of a terrain project that will then shine through the colored weapons. Not quite sure yet if I'm better off with dyed weapons, or just a pile of clear, and translucent paint. 

Some of the weapons will also get used on minis as magic weapons, because I think that looks cool.

• Like 3

The possibility of placing white LEDs inside parts of a terrain project that will then shine through the colored weapons. Not quite sure yet if I'm better off with dyed weapons, or just a pile of clear, and translucent paint. 

Some of the weapons will also get used on minis as magic weapons, because I think that looks cool.

I am guessing for effects. Like purple could be an evil or dark magic weapon, red fire, blue water, clear air or ice

Let your powers combine and make Captain Planet

For us the intent was to represent Magic Weapons - fire, ice, shadow, acid, electric, unholy, etc. 

Magic weapons! Of course! I knew there was a reason I was overlooking. 

And LED lighting sounds intriguing. I look forward to seeing that in WIP and Show Off threads.

• Like 2

I asked on the update, but will the smaller giants be discontinued? I want to pick up a couple for "princesses" but dont need them now... if they are being discontinued though...

we have no plans to discontinue any Bones 1 parts. In fact, in the next few months we should be re-releasing the models from Bones 1 that were never released, as we have repaired them and had new, good molds made.

OMGWTFBBQ, I cannot believe that more awesomeness has been added to the project!!!  I am really trying to limit my pledge to "only" a core pledge, plus anything that's sculpted by Julie Guthrie...plus ALL the giants...plus most of the dragons, plus expansions 1 and 3...and can't leave off those cool new weapons...GAHHH, TOO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!

Thanks for confirming that the resculpted fire giants will have increased detail appropriate to their increased size.  Will definitely be adding all of those.  I *just* placed an order for a bunch more Reaper minis yesterday, so I'm super glad I held off on adding any of the old fire giants.  

Can anyone comment on how well Tamiya clear paints adhere to clear plastic?  I'm debating between getting several sets of the plain clear weapons to color myself (I have all 5 colors of tamiya clear) vs buying sets of the colored clear weapons.  My thoughts:

Red: It seems like fire effects would actually be better with the plain clear, because you can work your way from yellow to orange to red.  

Blue: None of the weapon sculpts strike me as particularly icy, so I can pass on the blue.  And Tamiya clear blue should do just fine if I need it.

Purple: love the shadow look, but may be just as easy to make purple with Tamiya clear blue + red

Green: This one's the biggest winner for me, because I'm not sure I can achieve that neon-lime-green tint with just Tamiya yellow + blue.  Plus, since Reaper is giving me a graveyard full of undead, the green seems like the color for which I can use the most cool weapon swaps.

• Like 5

Can anyone comment on how well Tamiya clear paints adhere to clear plastic?  I'm debating between getting several sets of the plain clear weapons to color myself (I have all 5 colors of tamiya clear) vs buying sets of the colored clear weapons.  

Katie has been using the Tamiya clears with tremendous success to color some of the models in options for our upcoming Pre-painted kickstarter project.

I asked on the update, but will the smaller giants be discontinued? I want to pick up a couple for "princesses" but dont need them now... if they are being discontinued though...

we have no plans to discontinue any Bones 1 parts. In fact, in the next few months we should be re-releasing the models from Bones 1 that were never released, as we have repaired them and had new, good molds made.

Awesome.

Between this and the KS update, I need to find the "SUPER LIKE!" button. ::D:

• Like 2

Reaper, my divorce attorney that I am sure I will need in a year will contact you when the time is right.  I mean...wow.  Awesome stuff and so much of it.  A big thanks for letting me add on as the months go by because I can treat it like a wishlist and as I have more funds (after i tire of buying LEGO Dimensions packs) I can hop on and put down $50 here and there for a few more things I don't need. :)

• Like 2

I spend the afternoon painting and I miss all the excitement ...

Cool news but ... need more info on those giants. 

75 mm to where exactly?  The female stands 70 mm to the top of her hair right now.   The male is 57 mm to the top of his head, 60 mm to the top of his shoulders, and 91 mm to the top of his sword. 

Is he going to be resized larger than her?  Is this some kind of gender thing?  Don't you realize this is the kind of partial information that is going to haunt me for weeks and deprive me of sleep?

• Like 4

Are these new gianter Giants compatible with Warlord?

As for visiting the Pledge Manager, I will have money next week . . .

And two weeks after that . . .

And two weeks after that . . .

And two weeks, well, you get the idea . . . :-)

• Like 5