Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Reaperbryan

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be any more update like this in the future or is this it? People should know before locking in their order....+1 for the fire giants...

I don't know what you mean.  

Yes there will be more updates.

We are not planning at this time to add any additional rewards to the system, although I will not state that this won't happen as a 100% certainty.

If people do "lock in" their order they can always come back later and add more at any time, so while we're certain that most of our users will only "lock in once" and thus it is important that all rewards be visible as soon as possible, it is not necessary, as additional funds may be aded even to orders that are "locked in".

I spend the afternoon painting and I miss all the excitement ...

Cool news but ... need more info on those giants. 

75 mm to where exactly?  The female stands 70 mm to the top of her hair right now.   The male is 57 mm to the top of his head, 60 mm to the top of his shoulders, and 91 mm to the top of his sword. 

Is he going to be resized larger than her?  Is this some kind of gender thing?  Don't you realize this is the kind of partial information that is going to haunt me for weeks and deprive me of sleep?

ok, here's all I have to compare the intended sizes:

FireGiants_lineup.jpg

What I ment was updates that contained more minis to be added for purchase post-kickstarter... So what you're saying is that its possible and even if you lock in we could still add them later....

Second question about the giants. If you are going through the trouble of altering the sculpts for the size increase why not new sculpts altogether. Don't you need new molds regardless?

• Like 2

What I ment was updates that contained more minis to be added for purchase post-kickstarter... So what you're saying is that its possible and even if you lock in we could still add them later....Second question about the giants. If you are going through the trouble of altering the sculpts for the size increase why not new sculpts altogether. Don't you need new molds regardless?

I wouldn't mind new designs as well, more in line with 'traditional' fire giants, like what they did with the new frost giants in BIII. However, I like these (a bit) better than the BI frost giants. Even so, bigger is certainly better.

Assuming no multiples, that's another 174 drops of blood Reaper squeezed from my turnip. So in the real world, at least another 264... :down:

P.S. My turnip huuuuurts....

• Like 6

Second question about the giants. If you are going through the trouble of altering the sculpts for the size increase why not new sculpts altogether. Don't you need new molds regardless?

True, but new sculpts would require more time and expense in creating new designs/concept art. By copying the current ones, they can just plop them in front of a sculptor and say "make this, but bigger". Plus, they already know how well the current designs sell; a new design adds an unknown factor.

• Like 5

True, but new sculpts would require more time and expense in creating new designs/concept art. By copying the current ones, they can just plop them in front of a sculptor and say "make this, but bigger". Plus, they already know how well the current designs sell; a new design adds an unknown factor.

Yea I think its completely doable. Look how many miniatures were merely concept art in each of the kickstarters. Though I admit that while I don't think concept art would be that hard, the sculpt would take the time and added funds. 3D render might be faster but no less costly.

However if given the opportunity to get all new sculpts Im in favor of it. I have never been keen on any of the giants. (except the storm giants I thought those were good)

With that said if all I can get is slightly different sculpts then I would ask that they change the one thing that really bothers me about them. Their weapons are disproportionate and look cartoony and silly.

P.S. On the subject of concept art Im willing to bet there was some huge size versions drawn up and reaper just didn't tease them. I would be surprised if their wasn't when you considered how highly the new frost giants were praised...just sayin....

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1