Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Might as well right?

That's the spirit!

I just found out that I'll be getting a bonus from work soon.

This is where I burn my candle at both ends---Do I complete the PM now, or gamble on 'soon' being prior to June 1st?

• Like 4

You can add stuff now and then add more before June, right? Best of both worlds?

• Like 2

Oh, I thought by "complete" you meant send an order on through.

. . . I may be missing some sort of completion.

• Like 1

You can add stuff now and then add more before June, right? Best of both worlds?

Complete means complete the checkout process. You absolutely may complete an order now and another one before June first.

There's a video in last weeks update on how to do this if you believe you are missing something

When is the deadline to finish adding things to the pledge mgr? Thanks.

Check out the latest update. JUNE 1st.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones/posts/1575106?ref=dash

I gotta get that in so the 5-head challenge isn't held up by me waiting for it at retail.  I think I can just make the deadline.

• Like 5

No promises but I'll be out of town on the 1st at a burial service, so there is a slight chance that the locking down will be delayed by that - I can't lock it if I'm not here. Kit, of course, can. It depends on which one of us they assign it to.

No promises but I'll be out of town on the 1st at a burial service, so there is a slight chance that the locking down will be delayed by that - I can't lock it if I'm not here. Kit, of course, can. It depends on which one of us they assign it to.

Oh. Sorry Bryan. 

• Like 4

Hi there :  First time Poster here.  

New to minis ( got intrigued because of the Dark Souls Kickstarter)

I just bought the Reaper Beginners Paint Kit...  then browsed through the forums and saw the kickstarter.   Seems like a great deal... 

How often does Reaper do kickstarters?   Seems like they are on their 3rd one.  I might join the next one....

• Like 2

I just bought the Reaper Beginners Paint Kit...  then browsed through the forums and saw the kickstarter.   Seems like a great deal... 

How often does Reaper do kickstarters?   Seems like they are on their 3rd one.  I might join the next one....

The first one was about four years ago, if that helps.

• Like 3

If you can do something now (i.e. back Bones 3 ... and see what you are getting) ... why wait for the next one (where you don't know what will be offered)?

I missed Bones 1 (sadface), but backed 2 and 3 ... and for my personal needs, Bones 3 is better than Bones 2 ... but I have no idea what Bones 4 (if it will happen) will be like.

• Like 3

Oh. Sorry Bryan. 

My father in law passed away in December, but as he was a highly decorated veteran of two wars, he will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery. The waiting list for internment there is ~6 months, so while we held funeral services December 28th, the burial is not for two weeks - June 2nd, as it happens. Thus, I will be in Washington on the first, and unable to flip the switch.

I appreciate your condolences, but this is not a new pain, merely the next step in saying goodbye to a great man.

Well, it's not too late to join this one via the pledge manger (ks.reapermini.com/bones3) but in general we hd run a KS about once ever 18 months (give or take a few months). We have not announced any plans for Bones IV, and right now are focused on the details of fulfillment for Bones III.

There is no guarantee that there will be one, so keep that in mind. The first one was done to get a lot of figures into Bones. More or less the same with the other two. The production molds are expensive. I figure they may eventually reach a critical mass where sales of the current figures provide enough to start releasing a new figure in Bones at some regular interval and KS isn't needed anymore.

They also had a KS campaign announced for a line of prepainted figures, but that was put on hold and hasn't made it to KS.

But yes, joining this current one may be in your better interests. You have until June 1st, so 11 days before it gets locked down.

Edit: Ninja'd by The Man Himself.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 6