Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

Thanks for the quick response guys.  

As I noted it is a great deal....  Even at $150 (jealous of those that got it at $100).   Maybe if it was at 10-20% more i would go for it as well as some of the other add-on items like the paint, but at 50%, I think I will go for another Dark Souls pledge. 

Great deal either way, but I probably wouldn't use the minis for another game and definitively don't need 150 figures.   I had already spent about $150 on supplies, a few bones minis and the paint kit, so another $150+ now just doesn't make sense for me.  Maybe if I would have noticed the kickstarter earlier I would have gotten it instead of some of the purchases I already did.    Plus I have a friend who plays a few board games who said she has a few that i can practice on.  

Either way,  I think I am on board and after I get through using up my first paint kit, i will definitely buy more.    And if there is another KS and I get into minis more, I will definitely keep track.

• Like 3

I missed 1 and only got in late to the manager for 2, like that. Was pretty well worth it, though, I reckon.

In up to my gills from the beginning on 3. The white stuff's addicting, etc.

Regarding a potential fourth project, I don't know how I'd tackle it. I'm not all all that into the smaller figures even now, but I figured I could flip the ones I didn't want. Love the monsters for numbers; love the bigger monsters for quality, too, even. At least, they're fine for me.

I also wonder if there'll be as many people predicting it won't happen as there were with the third, heh. I guess there indeed will come a point at which KS projects won't make sense anymore, and we certainly already could've seen the last KS project for all I know, but as long as they produce like the first three I've no idea why they'd stop before they've converted anything remotely worthwhile and added as many new sculpts as they like. I know the format presents its own challenges, but it's clearly advantageous in so many ways. There's not much like capital arranged in advance. A lot of us will keep on returning, and the market keeps opening up to new folks, so I think it's sustainable for a while yet, even with some natural shrinkage.

And as an addict, I'm okay with that.

• Like 3

Bryan, do you think Shub Niggurath is going to be offended by your mangling her name?

Also, somebody remind my why I don't need two Black Goats in the Wood.

• Like 2

You are kittythulu. You need one to issue commands to and one to use as your personal hunting practice.

They all look so sweet. I am so glad I won the debate about the Mythical Monsters and Kyra!

• Like 4

Thanks for the quick response guys.  

As I noted it is a great deal....  Even at $150 (jealous of those that got it at $100).   Maybe if it was at 10-20% more i would go for it as well as some of the other add-on items like the paint, but at 50%, I think I will go for another Dark Souls pledge. 

Great deal either way, but I probably wouldn't use the minis for another game and definitively don't need 150 figures.   I had already spent about $150 on supplies, a few bones minis and the paint kit, so another $150+ now just doesn't make sense for me.  Maybe if I would have noticed the kickstarter earlier I would have gotten it instead of some of the purchases I already did.    Plus I have a friend who plays a few board games who said she has a few that i can practice on.  

1. You don't have to go for the 'Core set'. You can pick up say, a dragon or two, maybe the mouslings, and some paint.

2. Remember that except for a few of the paints in set B, which are already available, the rest won't be available to buy until some time after fulfillment ends. 

3. You will never ever be able to buy any of that stuff for a lower price, unless you come upon a closeout sale somewhere, years from now. 

• Like 5

Does Lavarath look a little smooth?

It's always been a smoothescaled dragon, but mostly what you're seeing is simply the difficulty of lighting the figure. There is no appreciable loss of depth in the pebbling.

Please to be selling those treasure chests separately at retail. I'd buy several of the current treasure piles, but I don't want >9000 candelabra.

• Like 5