Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

I'm so ready to be done with adding stuff and actually getting stuff! Is there any chance we'll get more info on timelines when the pledge manager locks down?

Pledge Manager closes June First.
  • Like 2

Ok, this is getting hard. I'm torn between 'get 'em now, while they're cheap', and ' be reasonable, you've already got 20 figures to paint'.

Better to have them now when they're cheap than want them later when they're less so.
That's a true-true. You're going to buy them eventually anyway.

Love all the helpful pushers/enablers/fellow addicts here.

• Like 3

I'm so ready to be done with adding stuff and actually getting stuff! Is there any chance we'll get more info on timelines when the pledge manager locks down?

Let me rephrase for LB:

After the pledge manager locks down, when will we get more info on timelines?

It's early.

• Like 2

Ok, this is getting hard. I'm torn between 'get 'em now, while they're cheap', and ' be reasonable, you've already got 20 figures to paint'.

It's helpful to me to remember what I'm buying these for. Namely, I want a large pile of miniatures in my basement that I can dig through for use as monsters, villagers, and other NPCs in my roleplaying games. So the Reaper Expansion Sets are awesome, but I only need one or two unpainted dragons, just in case.

• Like 4

I'm in the same boat. But while yes you have the option to get more for less....wait...I was going to try and convince you that you should wait and somehow convinced myself that I shouldn't...crap. Damn you Reaper!

• Like 2

Alright, today's order means I am done with everything except DVDs...if I get them. I own one set and have access to another.

Order:

Blackstar Corsairs x1
Space Mouslings x1
Clear Kyphrixis x1
Hobgobageddon x1 (duplicates seemed smart here)
Ma'aldrakar, Dragon Tyrant x1 (because a second one is a good idea, right?)

That makes at least one of everything except the colored weapon packs (I have some clear though).

Edited by Talae
  • Like 3

Let me rephrase for LB:

After the pledge manager locks down, when will we get more info on timelines?

It's early.

We will announce shipment across the Pacific to us when we have it - China is notorious for not sharing that information early. We will announce our estimates for receipt, and our estimates for commencing fulfillment when we know those data, which all hinge on the Freight timeline.

No more for me. Credit card compromised and took a big hit.

Of course I have everything I need.

So we might get the DVDs. Things are a bit dicey as to if we get the money before the manager closes. So making other arrangments

• Like 3

I think I saw December mentioned somewhere, for Wave 10 shipping...

(I'm in that wave, too)

But two things to remember...

1. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy...

2. My memory is like a Jarlsberg cheese - slightly nutty in flavour and with a few big holes...

• Like 5

Thanks for the quick response guys.

As I noted it is a great deal.... Even at $150 (jealous of those that got it at $100). Maybe if it was at 10-20% more i would go for it as well as some of the other add-on items like the paint, but at 50%, I think I will go for another Dark Souls pledge.

Great deal either way, but I probably wouldn't use the minis for another game and definitively don't need 150 figures. I had already spent about $150 on supplies, a few bones minis and the paint kit, so another $150+ now just doesn't make sense for me. Maybe if I would have noticed the kickstarter earlier I would have gotten it instead of some of the purchases I already did. Plus I have a friend who plays a few board games who said she has a few that i can practice on.

1. You don't have to go for the 'Core set'. You can pick up say, a dragon or two, maybe the mouslings, and some paint.

2. Remember that except for a few of the paints in set B, which are already available, the rest won't be available to buy until some time after fulfillment ends.

3. You will never ever be able to buy any of that stuff for a lower price, unless you come upon a closeout sale somewhere, years from now.

Wait, So if I wanted some of the other items, I wouldn't necessarily have to buy the core set? I am new to kickstarters too... so I could buy some of the smaller stuff?

So I ordered two dragons and a few bases..... how does shipping get calculated... And I assume I am never going to get my stuff.... until like December?

• Like 1

Wait,  So if I wanted some of the other items, I wouldn't necessarily have to buy the core set?   I am new to kickstarters too... so I could buy some of the smaller stuff?

Yup. Take a look at the Campaign page on the kickstarter. Scroll down. Any of the add ons would be available. Then keep scrolling down. You will reach Core set additional items. The core set is broken down into groups, so you could even order a subset of the core set! Then keeps scrolling, and you'll get to the expansions. Again, available via the pledge manager.

Well, until June 1st. Then you'll have to wait for them to hit the retail shops.

• Like 1