ub3r_n3rd

Stonehaven Halfling Adventurers

You'd also think they'd focus more on reach weapons like polearms.

Some examples from later D&D versions:

* In 3rd Edition a Small creature needed two hands to use a size M weapon (like a longsword) and couldn't use size L weapons.

** 3.5 had some weapons scaled for different sizes, but I don't recall how reach was impacted.

* In 4th Edition a Small creature can't use a normal two-handed weapon at all.

* In 5th Edition a Small creature suffers Disadvantage when using a Heavy weapon. They two d20 and pick the lowest.

I find that to be totally awesome. Seems fair to both sides--still a much better deal, actually, to buy sets but more options this way for a manageable bit extra--and to the backer-friendly end of what I was expecting. I'm very glad they went this route. Will be upping my pledge once I wake up and make it to a computer.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 1

I find that to be totally awesome. Seems fair to both sides--still a much better deal, actually, to buy sets but more options this way for a manageable bit extra--and to the consumer-friendly end of what I was expecting. I'm very glad they went this route. Will be upping my pledge once I wake up and make it to a computer.

Yep, I agree. I'll be going to the pick 10, but I'll also add a couple to put me up to 12 or 13 and I'll still be spending nearly as much as the 2 bands pledge amount. This means they get more of my money PER figure. 

"When we hit $44,000, The Cart Mounted Slingshot will be added to the Citizens of Ramsglen Adventuring Party. The instructions specifically said that the slingshot should not be used to fire halfings into combat. "

No, that's why we had the Dwarves KS :)

b3506507fac0f6594241c306c62adac4_origina
  • Like 5

I find that to be totally awesome. Seems fair to both sides--still a much better deal, actually, to buy sets but more options this way for a manageable bit extra--and to the consumer-friendly end of what I was expecting. I'm very glad they went this route. Will be upping my pledge once I wake up and make it to a computer.

Yep, I agree. I'll be going to the pick 10, but I'll also add a couple to put me up to 12 or 13 and I'll still be spending nearly as much as the 2 bands pledge amount. This means they get more of my money PER figure. 

I don't know if I'll be getting any extras or not, but I'll definitely be spending more. Per figure and overall. For the same number of figures I otherwise might've gotten, but these'll be the ones I really want.

It, again, just seems like a really good deal. Very pleased.

• Like 1

Im glad they offered the pick 5 and pick 10. 

I will probably just get the first set offered, I think it has most of the figures I want, for a low cost per mini.

But now I have to go through the other sets and see if there are 5 others I am willing to pay 4$ each for..... 

so #thanksobama   

Edit 

erm it looks like Midwinter +  pick 10 is what I'd really like. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3

e667716ac5120917258ab390d7ebed9d_origina

When we hit $46,000, The Barbarian will be added to the Dust Runners Adventuring Party and the Completionist Reward. When the rage takes him, he attacks without remorse or reason. 

abe840212237667ef7455c82b41301e2_origina
08a6cfd64cd42659def27e41b9cafab3_origina

When we hit $48,000, The Barbarian Rider will be added to the Dust Runners Adventuring Party and the Completionist Reward. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that the animals will let him near them.

f012f6c006c9dfbc427375b0ef94563c_origina
11bc59b1ea583a410ec2fc57312f6dbc_origina

When we hit $50,000, The Raptor Mount will be added to the Dust Runners Adventuring Party and the Completionist Reward. A terrifyingly creature with scientifically accurate feathers! These beasts are barely tamed and should be treated with respect.

44b221b05b0ef033fb62934c743908da_origina

$25 - Dust Runners Adventuring Party Currently Includes:

b590490aaec77f0530195450c048d439_origina
  • Like 4

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole and that means it had a Raptor in it."
  • Like 9

Barbarian is cool!  But, those glasses should probably be slits (like these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_snow_goggles) and not glass.

Nah, I don't agree with that. Goggles work better for their theme as DUST runners. They'd not want dust/dirt in their eyes as they are racing across the desert landscape. Think more along the lines of Mad Max.