ub3r_n3rd

Stonehaven Halfling Adventurers

Any word on shipping for add-on raptors?

Umm, not understanding this question, Marvin.

The prices above are if you do INDIVIDUAL add-ons at the $13 level. Price of shipping is already built in I'm sure if you do the other levels above that.

Though I think if you ordered a LOT of add-ons to a higher level pledge they'd ask for money due to the increased cost of postage.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

Barbarian is cool!  But, those glasses should probably be slits (like these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_snow_goggles) and not glass.

Nah, I don't agree with that. Goggles work better for their theme as DUST runners. They'd not want dust/dirt in their eyes as they are racing across the desert landscape. Think more along the lines of Mad Max.

I agree that glass googles would be better, I'm just saying they don't seem very barbaric.

Can't you just paint them as though they had slits?

What, you want me to freehand a straight line?? FINE!!! Sheesh. Way to make me push my skillz.

• Like 5

Barbarian is cool!  But, those glasses should probably be slits (like these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_snow_goggles) and not glass.

Nah, I don't agree with that. Goggles work better for their theme as DUST runners. They'd not want dust/dirt in their eyes as they are racing across the desert landscape. Think more along the lines of Mad Max.

I agree that glass googles would be better, I'm just saying they don't seem very barbaric.

Can't you just paint them as though they had slits?

What, you want me to freehand a straight line?? FINE!!! Sheesh. Way to make me push my skillz.

Or:

Paint them black.

Paint the top half light brown almost to the middle.

Do the same to the bottom half.

Leave a line of black as a slit.

The larger area of light brown should be easier to control than a thin line would be, so painting the line in the negative just makes sense.

• Like 6

I may well be alone in this feeling but every time they put a group together that intrigues me and could get my money they add something that is totally useless and pointless to me. As an example I really like the Citizens of Ramsglen except for those two little bird farmers, why couldn't they have been halfling farmers? Sometimes they just get to cute. Another one is the Buttonwood Band, I don't need a little halfling napoleon or a frog herald, I want halflings! I might be in for the Inn staff.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm looking at the Raptors myself, a few of those actually.

So I may just keep my $50+ pledge and add a few of them to the pick 10.

pick 10 excludes mounts. poop

You misunderstood me  ::P:

I'm talking as "add-ons" which will take my $35 pick ten up to $50+ if I add 3+ of them to my pledge.

Yep. Sorry.  I totally misunderstood you.

My bad tho, I wasn't very clear as I read it back.  <_<

IMG_9559_zps3b9684eb.png

• Like 4

That's add-ons available beginning at the $13 level; all pledges are subject to add-on shipping, if applicable, I thought.

I may well be alone in this feeling but every time they put a group together that intrigues me and could get my money they add something that is totally useless and pointless to me. As an example I really like the Citizens of Ramsglen except for those two little bird farmers, why couldn't they have been halfling farmers? Sometimes they just get to cute. Another one is the Buttonwood Band, I don't need a little halfling napoleon or a frog herald, I want halflings! I might be in for the Inn staff.

Sounds like you need to do the pick your own 5 or 10 or more too. That's how I feel about some of the things too, I don't like the grippilis (I know that's heresy for a lot of people), but doing the pick 10 (even if a bit more per figure) is what I'm liking so that I get exactly what I want/need out of this.

I don't like the grippis, but if they mount one on anything that looks like a chicken,

I will buy it.

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

That's add-ons available beginning at the $13 level; all pledges are subject to add-on shipping, if applicable, I thought.

Well, shoot them a PM and get an answer straight from the stonehaven's mouth. 

I'm giving you information based on what has happened in the past with their KS, which is always subject to change. 

Doing a little figuring with a ruler after noticing the numbers in the comments section; 16mm at the eyes is going to make them pretty tiny. Giving me a bit of pause, being a stuffty painter with bad eyes, and all.

I maybe rather a fan of scale creep at the smaller sizes.

Edited by Marvin

Doing a little figuring with a ruler after noticing the numbers in the comments section; 16mm at the eyes is going to make them pretty tiny. Giving me a bit of pause, being a stuffty painter with bad eyes, and all.

I maybe rather a fan of scale creep at the smaller sizes.

Do you have a visor or way of magnifying things you work on?

I always use a visor at home blows it up 2.5x magnification and it's wonderful, so even those tiny details aren't nearly as hard.

I feel the same way as you.

But I want so many of the minis that I plan to go Completionist Level and then cut up some Frogs and Halflings who got out of line for parts.  :devil:

• Like 3