ub3r_n3rd

Stonehaven Halfling Adventurers

Sep 9 2015

Weekly Update #1 - We're Back!

Hey Backers, it's Mike!

Sculpting has begun! I'm going to try to show a lot more of the sculpting process this time (which is to say that I'll show it at all) as long as you guys promise not to judge the finished product by the WIP shots.

f57847d01528ab2651e77eb98c558922_origina

This is what the sculpting desk looks like right now. I've been trying to take pictures with the same angle and lighting so that I can put them all together into an animated GIF where you can see the minis grow. 

I'll show some closer shots once I start in on the actual halflings - I like to do some of the extra bits first to make sure that I'm in top form for the actual hero character minis.

I'm working on about 20 minis right now. I try not to create a wire frame if I don't have to - that makes it easier to make edits later on - but sometimes its needed. I work in chunks and I usually don't do the faces until later in the process so I can make sure that they match the rest of the mini. I probably throw away at least 1 face that I thought was good for every 2 faces that I actually use anyway though. (I lied. I don't throw them away. I keep them in a vial that Petra says is really creepy!)

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll either answer them in the comments or in another weekly update!

• Like 3

I think I see a copy of Michelangelo's "Moses" in there. :blink:

*googles*

I believe you're correct. I wonder if he (Mike) did it as sculpting practice or if it's a repro he keeps around for inspiration... 

Okay, that vial thing is hysterical.

Would love to see a picture of the vial o faces!
  • Like 3

Okay, that vial thing is hysterical.

I *have* to use that in one of my games one day.

A vial filled with faces. Not heads. Just faces. Possibly grinning.

Sounds like a something out of a Lovecraft story.

• Like 3

Sep 30 2015

"Weekly" Update #2

Hey guys! We've been working hard on both the miniatures and the pop-up terrain. We will have some terrain for you to download this week and while it is not ready today, I just wanted to check in with you backers and let you know that we have not disappeared to Mexico...yet. 

Look for another update later this week with some downloadable terrain and video instructions! 

It's strange being this far along in a Stonehaven project without any greens.

It really is!

I don't worry though, they have delivered very close to on-time every time so far and their figures always look better than the art concepts. 

• Like 1

Confused by this latest update, as I went à la carte and don't think I should be of the "certain backers."

It is a little strange that they're releasing the terrain like this.  They haven't let us pick out what we've paid for yet, so there's no way for them to know who should get which files.  So, give them to everyone?  ::shrug::