Stonehaven Halfling Adventurers

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a feeling the pricing per individual halfling will be high enough to give me pause in picking and choosing versus taking a set of which I dislike half, as add-ons were retail, last campaign. Or, well, a penny more, actually. That'd rule out KS add-ons for me, at any rate. We'll see.

• Like 1

I think that's an excellent idea (obviously, I guess).

I'd (probably) pay a (small) premium for doing so without (much) complaint, even.

If it was $30 per BYOB (Build Your Own Band) of 10 for that option, I'd do it.

• Like 4

Oh, in a heartbeat.

I just suggested it in the comments section.

ETA: If you like the idea, support it in the comments section and Mike/Petra will probably add it with enough support.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

I wonder if that would not entail a great deal more work on Stonehaven's part to customize the orders.

Their method so far has been to bag up each set in a coordinated way and to pack whichever sets are ordered into the mailing boxes.

Custom-mixing sets of ten minis sounds like a nightmarish extra amount of work. I imagine part of the KS discount comes from the ease of packing premade sets.

• Like 2

I wonder if that would not entail a great deal more work on Stonehaven's part to customize the orders.

Their method so far has been to bag up each set in a coordinated way and to pack whichever sets are ordered into the mailing boxes.

Custom-mixing sets of ten minis sounds like a nightmarish extra amount of work. I imagine part of the KS discount comes from the ease of packing premade sets.

This is why I commented on adding a premium of $5 per set that people would pay for their extra time in sorting out. Also, they normally come up with an add-on spreadsheet for individual prices for everything. It'd not be much harder than their current system.

I think "nightmarish" is rather overkill in describing it, haha. It'd be a tradeoff of a little extra time and effort, sure, for some more of that sweet, sweet up-front cash. Their prerogative, obviously.

It's not unprecedented for them, however; the half-orcs were available as pick-and-choose parties of five and ten.

• Like 1

I think "nightmarish" is rather overkill in describing it, haha. It'd be a tradeoff of a little extra time and effort, sure, for some more of that sweet, sweet up-front cash. Their prerogative, obviously.

It's not unprecedented for them, however; the half-orcs were available as pick-and-choose parties of five and ten.

Very true.

It's not like they are pulling in $100k + and thousands of backers each time (they seem to average less than 1000 backers and around $50-70k). If it was like Reaper's kickstarters, I could see this kind of thing being "nightmarish."

Very true.

It's not like they are pulling in $100k + and thousands of backers each time (they seem to average less than 1000 backers and around $50-70k). If it was like Reaper's kickstarters, I could see this kind of thing being "nightmarish."

I'm sorry. I overspoke. At the moment I'm recovering from a dizzy-headache spell and I'm probably attributing too much of that feeling to my thoughts about sorting multiple bags of tiny halflings.

I like the idea of mix-and-match parties for them as wants them. I just hope it's economical to do so.

• Like 3

I'm sorry. I overspoke. At the moment I'm recovering from a dizzy-headache spell and I'm probably attributing too much of that feeling to my thoughts about sorting multiple bags of tiny halflings.

I like the idea of mix-and-match parties for them as wants them. I just hope it's economical to do so.

No problem, Pingo. ^_^

I hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 2