ultrasquid

77291: The Kraken

I just assembled my Kraken from the Bones 2 Kickstarter. I'll try to track progress here. It was hard to decide where to put which tentacles, but I figured out something that works for me. I'm going to have to putty those joints and sand down a few mold lines, then off to paint!

post-12393-0-04303300-1438123759_thumb.jpg

Edited by ultrasquid
  • Like 12

It is a interesting task to decide how to put the tentacles, for sure. Pretty happy with the arrangement I decided on.

Looking good so far!

• Like 2

It is a interesting task to decide how to put the tentacles, for sure. Pretty happy with the arrangement I decided on.

Looking good so far!

I have actually picked mine up to paint a couple of times and then put it back on the shelf due to not being able to decide which tentacle arrangement I wanted. I guess I am living up to my title...

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

I have actually picked mine up to paint a couple of times and then put it back on the shelf due to not being able to decide which tentacle arrangement I wanted. I guess I am living up to my title...

If it helps, I arranged my tentacles Into a 'attack' pose http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59771-77291-the-kraken/?fromsearch=1

• Like 2

Looking good so far!

If it helps, I arranged my tentacles Into a 'attack' pose http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59771-77291-the-kraken/?fromsearch=1

That is actually very similar to how it looks sitting on the shelf right now. Much less random than the pose in the store.

• Like 1

I've puttied and sanded the tentacle joints. I've applied purple paint to some of the joints check their smoothness, as the gray and white materials don't show their textures very well.

post-12393-0-47250700-1439052355.jpg

post-12393-0-40323100-1439052356.jpg

post-12393-0-44848100-1439052357.jpg

• Like 3

It's been a bit more of a slog than I'd expected, sanding those tentacle joints, re-sculpting the armor segments, and getting sidetracked with painting my Large Earth Elemental. Just noting here that I haven't forgot about it.