My First 3 Minis

Twistedhalo5

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great for your first minis! You've already got great brush control.

Next I would try a dark wash and then, if you're really looking to improve, work on hilighting (both techniques are described in the Tips & Tricks sub-forum).

So glad to hear you're enjoying it, that is the real key to success!

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Like 1

Thanks a bunch everyone! ^.^

They look great for your first minis! You've already got great brush control.

Next I would try a dark wash and then, if you're really looking to improve, work on hilighting (both techniques are described in the Tips & Tricks sub-forum).

So glad to hear you're enjoying it, that is the real key to success!

For your first minis, these look fantastic ^^
Ill second what Baphomet suggested with some washes and highlights to help add extra depth to the details
But yeah, keep it up, and good to hear you enjoy it ^^

And many thanks for the tips! I will definitely try to incorporate washes, as well as look into learning to highlight for future minis :D

They look fantastic. Looks like you've thinned your paint properly and have fine brush control already. Very nice indeed.

As others have said before me learning to bring your highlights higher and your shadows deeper is a nice place to start to improve. You've got the basic basics down. So that would be your next step. IMHO

Are there eye balls painted in there? I can't tell from the pic.

Welcome to the hobby and forum!

They look fantastic. Looks like you've thinned your paint properly and have fine brush control already. Very nice indeed.

As others have said before me learning to bring your highlights higher and your shadows deeper is a nice place to start to improve. You've got the basic basics down. So that would be your next step. IMHO

Are there eye balls painted in there? I can't tell from the pic.

Welcome to the hobby and forum!

I indeed painted the eyes on the Gnoll, though the picture doesn't show. The orc went without because of a curled tip when I was painting it.

• Like 1