Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Cavern Crawler 02730 (Behir) (pic Heavy)(New Pics added 12/22)

The Big Guy is BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. He boasts a winning smile & great eyes...probably does well with the Behir Babes. OUTSTANDING WORK!

Verrrry nice!

Thanks!

I was really very happy with him when I was done, but the original pics just did not do him justice....

He was finished up shortly before I learned the joys of wet palettes and really good brushes(as was Cichastus).....

And I sometimes itch to re do them, and a lot of the other older pieces!

To much unpainted lead for that now though!

George

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I painted the Reaper Rhino Beetle for my Shifting Sands Project.
      Used several Metallics on it.
      WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/12/&tab=comments#comment-1944089

Pics with basic background and fancy Desert background.

• By Peithetairos
      Dear all, 

I decided to tackle a large miniature this time : the Bones Behir. However, I won't stick to the DnD colour scheme and mix it up a bit. I thought of a jade green with red back tail. 

Assembly was difficult. Plenty of hard to remove mold lines (micro chisel to the rescue), ill fitting parts and lack of scale detail at joints made this a challenge. 

Don't get me wrong. It is a beautiful sculpt, much better than other Behir sculpts I saw online. That said this miniature would benefit from the slightly less bendy grey plastic. 

So far I cleaned it, resculpted scales and basecoated it with brown liner and a drybrush of Vallejo Surface Primer. 

I will work with glazes this time on the preshaded surface. New for me and may save some time what concerns establishing contrast. 

I also finally tidied up my desk, so tonight I will apply the base colours. 

I will add a tree to the base with one or two of its many arms resting on it.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      So I was just about to check out my first Star Wars Legion game night at the lfgs when the whole apocalypse thing happened, so rather than painting my Imperials, I've been focusing on  getting my rebel scum assembled so that wife (who is "mostly" interested in playing) and I can learn to play here at home. With that complete I now need to get some more Imperials finished so we can actually play, since I'm not attaching bases to the Imperials until they are painted.
      As my wife actually agreed to play this weekend, that meant I needed a commander quick!  So I pulled up the FFG guide online to paint Vader and knocked out a decent tabletop in a couple of hours.

Good enough and he already squeaked on a victory yesterday in our first game (he had one wound left).
      Now back to painting white armor to get more troopers ready.....sigh.

• By Citrine
      This is the Reaper Bones Dire Bear (SKU 77494).  This was another test of contrast paint, this time over a base of skin color.  I think it turned out pretty good, and it was fast, which is always a plus when trying to conquer the mini mountain.

• By Citrine
      This is Peruhain, Elven Monk (SKU 3169, Metal) from Reaper.  I am trying to paint up at least one of every main class/race combination.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)