Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted the Reaper Rhino Beetle for my Shifting Sands Project.
Used several Metallics on it.
Pics with basic background and fancy Desert background.
I decided to tackle a large miniature this time : the Bones Behir. However, I won't stick to the DnD colour scheme and mix it up a bit. I thought of a jade green with red back tail.
Assembly was difficult. Plenty of hard to remove mold lines (micro chisel to the rescue), ill fitting parts and lack of scale detail at joints made this a challenge.
Don't get me wrong. It is a beautiful sculpt, much better than other Behir sculpts I saw online. That said this miniature would benefit from the slightly less bendy grey plastic.
So far I cleaned it, resculpted scales and basecoated it with brown liner and a drybrush of Vallejo Surface Primer.
I will work with glazes this time on the preshaded surface. New for me and may save some time what concerns establishing contrast.
I also finally tidied up my desk, so tonight I will apply the base colours.
I will add a tree to the base with one or two of its many arms resting on it.
So I was just about to check out my first Star Wars Legion game night at the lfgs when the whole apocalypse thing happened, so rather than painting my Imperials, I've been focusing on getting my rebel scum assembled so that wife (who is "mostly" interested in playing) and I can learn to play here at home. With that complete I now need to get some more Imperials finished so we can actually play, since I'm not attaching bases to the Imperials until they are painted.
As my wife actually agreed to play this weekend, that meant I needed a commander quick! So I pulled up the FFG guide online to paint Vader and knocked out a decent tabletop in a couple of hours.
Good enough and he already squeaked on a victory yesterday in our first game (he had one wound left).
Now back to painting white armor to get more troopers ready.....sigh.
Who's Online 28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)