Bones You'd Like to See, thread #3

ladystorm

How about some small primitive huts.

Those could be used for native villages of any race, or for Goblins and similar critters in RPG's

Could be used for terrain in battles and dioramas

I think both gamers and painters would love such stuff.

Maybe with some optional decoration stuff to make them suitable for a certain setting?

Norse, Desert, Goblin, African, Celtic etc etc..

Some impaled heads, some pottery, maybe an animal skin on a rack that is drying in the sun.

A Totem or holy rock with runes or glyphs.

Maybe even make a little wooden pallisade set to be able to make it into a camp.

Stuff like that.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 4

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea how much I am kicking (no pun) myself for JUST getting back into things and missing getting in on that one!

I've already started hording what I can for the next kickstarted....

I've got those 3 in metal, but would love a few more poses.  A group I know is wanting to make a full party (murder) of Tengu to have fun with, but I've only been able to find those 3 so far to help them out with.

Welcome to the forums!

I would love to see some of the Tengu in bones form....

Other than these from the Bonese III KS? ::):

ffa7c86eaaab4e7c1d751e0d11e37d03_origina

• Like 2

03124: Storm Steed[/size]

03124_G.jpg[/size]

I might be crazy but I kind of like the idea of this coming in clear red plastic.

Not a bad choice, but I'd like to see it in the clear purple.

Mebbe can has both?

I'd be happy to see it in opaque plastic, myself; as much as I like the transparents, I find 'em tricky to paint. ^^;

• Like 2

I'd love to see some lady guards/mooks, similar to the Anhurians. Sensible but generic armor and typical guard clothing, common weapons, that sort of thing.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Yes, please.

Also, any/all of the Warlord Koborlas faction.

And I'll be seconding the various rider/mount ideas.

• Like 5

Count me in on more riders and/or mounts. There are only two horses with riders in Bones, and both of the riders are pretty heavily armored with lots of barding. A simpler horse with a rider that's wearing lighter armor would help a lot to round out the options. I mean, a dwarf riding a bear is great and all, but it's not as versatile as a couple more horses with humans and/or elves riding.

This in no way implies that I wouldn't love to see Roderick and Glitter in Bones. That would be awesome!

• Like 5

Yeah, with Bones IV looming, I'd like to rehash my most wanted list:

• Baba Yaga and her Dancing Hut (done!  I wished hard enough)
  • Resized Storm and Cloud Giants, like how the Fire and Frost were done...one of each gender would be nice, the D&D prepaint line just did the same, but several are named characters and don't lean toward "grunt" status.
  • Leaders for the Hill Giants...a Shaman and Chieftain type.  A female Hill Giant would be great to see in Bonesium.
  • Cyclopes.  These guys are oddly missing...there was even a sprite of one for Bones III.
  • A Titan would be cool to see.
  • I forty-second an increased variety in mounted pieces.  Separate riders and mounts would go a long way toward diversity.  Most of the current cavalry in Bones are very specific.
  • Probably the only time I'd request a Dragon since we have a ton: a new Oriental Dragon, the wingless serpent style.
  • Lastly, some human-sized constructs in the vein of the Warforged.
  • Like 6

Snake swarm! Dungeon floors covered in snakes has a classic creepy feeling to it. (Hmm, Happy Sepuku could also do something like this).

Swirly portal gatey things in translucent Bones plastic that stand up on bases. Perhaps even in more than one color. That is to say, molded in blue plastic and others in orange plastic. On the off chance I ever get around to marketing that skirmish boardgame based on Valve's "Portal" game.

This got discussed with ReaperRon.

My idea for these is to make a two part top and bottom ring and you just slide in one of the new Base Boss transparent colored bases (they were giving out plenty of sample of these at ReaperCon).

• Like 7

Oh yeah, a panther with tentacles! I don't remember whether one was made already. Tentacles just are so much more durable on Bones figures. Really anything with thin appendages that are not meant to be particularly straight or load-bearing are well suited to the material.

Edited by ultrasquid
  • Like 5