Bones You'd Like to See, thread #3

ladystorm

i'd love to see Hill Giants done in the manner of the old AD&D module G1 which were like Saxons and not cavemen or even done as  the vikings from the Vikings history channel show. 

I'd like varied forms of eye-creatures. Different sizes, undead etc...

I'd like some mind flayers (I forget what they are called in Bones)

I'd like some camels, horse, mules and oxen

• Like 1

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imjsure its be brought up but Id like to see adevnturers go thru the lifecyle from a newbiie to paragon maybe 4 or 5 minis same character but start as newbioe and acquire better equipment scars etc...

AJ

yes wizkids tried this but they only offer 2 and I like the quality of bones MUCH more

• Like 2

Here is some dreaming - I'd like to see the sculpts from the now defunct Heroscape game reproduced in Bonesium.

Slightly gruesome but I could make good use out of dead monsters and even characters lying flat, unconscious or wounded. A stretcher with a wounded adventurer would be handy.

• Like 1

A "soul of the mountain" (ie mountain god). Also suitable as an ancient earth elemental

Huge sized, no, epically huge, with a small mossy forest of trees surrounding the peak on its back, possibly populated by fae creatures. it'd be nice if it had a spot with a removable integrated base, so it could have a rider of some sort that could be used as a separate miniature (a druid or dryad or, better yet, a treeman). It could be loaded with neat details. on the underside: crystals, bones/fossils and veins of ore. A giant beard/face made of roots from the trees on the back and bones (I could see a few types of face being cool. TBD). posed as though it were ripping itself from the ground to walk the lands.....  

• Like 7

I would love to have several different mounts with saddles, and a variety of minis posed to go in them. Ideally I'd like the riders to be sculpted as a torso with two sets of legs, one mounted one not. Alternatively the riders could be resculpts of existing popular bones heroes and villains. As long as they're not built as part of the mount so that I've gotta do more converting if I want a new rider.

Edit

This could pave the way for a nifty thing. Imagine a "hero pack" retail blister with (eg) halbarand mounted and unmounted, and invisible halbarand. I think that'd be incredibly neat. 

Edited by Erk
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, vulture said:

Building on aryanun's suggestion, I always thought a corrupted coatl lich would be a very characterful villain. 

As much as this is a cool idea, I want a good non-undead one more. I would not buy an undead one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vulture said:

As big as the bones minis have been getting, with an eye on terrain, what about a turtle island? I believe they called them zaratan In D&D.

It'd have to be as big as maal at an absolute minimum. 

Might be the first supragargantuan bones I purchase.

Especially if it was built so that the shell could be used as terrain prior to revealing the turtle beneath

• Like 3

Well, along the lines of the character progression minis that were suggested, what about good and evil versions of a mini. E.g. Paladin and antipaladin, priest and cult leader, coatl and fallen coatl etc.

2 hours ago, Erk said:

It'd have to be as big as maal at an absolute minimum. 

Might be the first supragargantuan bones I purchase.

Especially if it was built so that the shell could be used as terrain prior to revealing the turtle beneath

Whaaaaat! That would be awesome!

What if The shell could lift off (to be used as terrain) and the inside would have organ terrain tile/ room slots, so the characters could be swallowed whole and fight  their way out vs intestinal dwellers.

lol, ok, now I'm really getting out there...

Edited by vulture
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, vulture said:

Well, along the lines of the character progression minis that were suggested, what about good and evil versions of a mini. E.g. Paladin and antipaladin, priest and cult leader, coatl and fallen coatl etc.

Personally I'd prefer level up versions rather than opposite versions. I have way more use for "this isn't even my final form" than "I'm you from the dark universe"

• Like 4

• Ranged weapon-wielding Ogres:  An ogre armed with a bundle of javelins, wielding a crossbow, or maybe even just hurling a large rock
  • Ogre Adventurer or Mercenary: A "civilized" ogre wearing well-maintained, demihuman-made armor and other gear, ready to fight as part of a professional army or go dungeon crawling with a party of murder hobos.
  • Huge-scale Stone Giant hurling a boulder would also be cool (as opposed to wielding a club as they're usually depicted)
  • Like 9