Bones You'd Like to See, thread #3

ladystorm

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a fat dragon would be awesome. It doesn't even have to be all that silly.

I still think the only thing I'm desperately hoping for are lots of mounts and either conversion kits to make minis into riders, or just riders sculpted to match existing popular minis. Pretty much everything else sounds, as always, super awesome... but the mount thing is something bones (due to easy conversion) is great for, and something that's really not found anywhere else.

• Like 6

Moar transparent minis!  The set from Bones III turned out great.  The clear, non-tinted material is the best yet, since we can stain them however we want.  Here are some good contenders, in my opinion (a couple having been previously mentioned in this thread):

Some ideas for transparent models requiring new sculpts:

• A not-Flameskull
  • A Goblin backstabber.  Also, maybe a Goblin sniper
  • A skulking Bathalian (not so much wizardly, as predatory)
  • Not-Elemental Myrmidons -- Humanoid elementals bound in magical, fantasy-looking plate armor, fitting on 1" bases.  The transparent, non-tinted Bonesium would allow the plates to be painted with opaque metallics and the elemental parts stained with the appropriate colors.  A set of four, one for each classic element.
  • A set of clear Wall of Force/Prismatic Wall effects
  • An invisible, ghost Sophie???
Edited by Dr_Automaton
  • Like 3

On 6/20/2017 at 3:30 PM, Erk said:

Actually a fat dragon would be awesome. It doesn't even have to be all that silly.

I still think the only thing I'm desperately hoping for are lots of mounts and either conversion kits to make minis into riders, or just riders sculpted to match existing popular minis. Pretty much everything else sounds, as always, super awesome... but the mount thing is something bones (due to easy conversion) is great for, and something that's really not found anywhere else.

The old Grenadier Shire Dragon is one of my favorites - a dragon raised by halflings... smirking.

I would love to see some pirate weapons in the new plastic used for the Bones weapons!

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

On 7/30/2015 at 8:57 AM, ladystorm said:

This is the current thread for Bones minis we would like to see.

* As the compiler of the data in the thread, I have a request, please don't spend a lot of posts on chatter in this thread, it makes my compiling harder.

* it would make compiling this into a list much. much easier if your post included a brief list of your request at the beginning and then you follow with the paragraphs of text you wish to explain your requests. When clear items are not easily found, they may not make the list that gets forwarded.

* Warlord Game expansions that is requests for specific models for Warlord are encouraged to be made in the Warlord Forums. Warlord Models are part of Game Development and not part of Fantasy Line Development.

Off Topic Chatter and general sillyness will be removed.

thank you.

• Contemporary weapons sprues:  rifles, pistols, machine guns, flame throwers, chainsaws, machetes, gazebos
  • Spell effect sprues:  fire bolts, lightning balls, water cones, cold waves, acid gazebos
  • Futuristic weapon sprues:  laser guns, blasters, rocket launchers, plasma gazebos

The spell effect sprues would be spectacular in clear Bonesium.

• Like 8

I would also like a few more weapon sprues and other modding bits. I also would like to see more mounted figures especially things like mounted undead and some generic mounted troops. Also I'd like to see some more of the basic troops from Warlord make it into bones. Things like the dwarven pathfinder or the daughters of Skadi, or the evil armored soldiers from the Overlords.

• Like 4