ladystorm

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, vulture said:

Elemental princes of evil!

What makes an elemental prince evil? I'd be cool with just having elemental princes in general, but I'm just wondering what would specifically make the mini evil?

A lava elemental, in translucent bonesium ::):

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BardicDave said:

A treant that's about twice as tall as the current spirit of the forest mini.

A shambling mound.

A tendriculos (giant plant creature with tentacles and a gaping maw that fits on a three inch base).

I second this. Also second the call for a sprue of spell effects in clear bonesium.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

What makes an elemental prince evil? I'd be cool with just having elemental princes in general, but I'm just wondering what would specifically make the mini evil?

A lava elemental, in translucent bonesium ::):

The elemental princes of evil are sort of like named demon princes with an elemental theme (and native to those planes). they first appeared in the fiend folio. they are sometimes called "Archomentals." my favorite is probably Cryonax, a giant tentacle armed yeti, or Yan-C bin, who appears as an air elemental or three winged sage with a lower body of mist, but there are many and their forms are highly varied. I expect reaper could create their own with ease. there are some good and neutral elemental princes as well, which could be cool (eg the ooze one would probably have multiple uses).

I could see them being re imagined sort of like myrmidons with some unique features.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 1

Ok to follow up on Bryan's suggestion, I might say a clear or tinted line, that could be used for the various ray spells, a clear or tinted cone, that could be used to represnt the various cone spells (color spray, buring hands, cone of cold, etc.) a clear or tinted thinner line with a larger mass at the end which could be used to represent spells such as magic missile or melf's acid arrow, a clear bent ray that could be used as a lightning bolt, and a somewhat curved clear sheet that could be used for various protective spells like shield and a clear orb for light effects. Also some type of clear sphere effect that would cover the hand and be used to reprent touch spells like shocking grasp.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

Ok to follow up on Bryan's suggestion, I might say a clear or tinted line, that could be used for the various ray spells, a clear or tinted cone, that could be used to represnt the various cone spells (color spray, buring hands, cone of cold, etc.) a clear or tinted thinner line with a larger mass at the end which could be used to represent spells such as magic missile or melf's acid arrow, a clear bent ray that could be used as a lightning bolt, and a somewhat curved clear sheet that could be used for various protective spells like shield and a clear orb for light effects. Also some type of clear sphere effect that would cover the hand and be used to reprent touch spells like shocking grasp.

I like it. Rather than smooth though, it'd be cool if they had textures like flames or ice crystals.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

Also it wouls be cool if the effects already had a hand attached, that way you could just remove the hand from the existing mini and replace it. Although this would require both right and left hands of each.

could be tough - hand sizes vary a lot.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

Also it wouls be cool if the effects already had a hand attached, that way you could just remove the hand from the existing mini and replace it. Although this would require both right and left hands of each.

That leads me to a different idea. hands of various types so that when we modify someone and need say a gauntlet or glove or bare hand we have something to use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spoonz202 said:

That leads me to a different idea. hands of various types so that when we modify someone and need say a gauntlet or glove or bare hand we have something to use.

There have been a few times where I would have loved a sprue of hands

Following up on Bryan's request for specific clear spell effect suggestions: 

Fireball - small hand held size and a larger maybe sword length one with a tail

Jagged lightening - small (dagger) and larger (staff) sizes

Crystal ball - hand held and a larger one for sitting on the ground or table, and a large 2 part hollow one that could fit a small critter inside would be amazing

Swirly air like shapes - hand held and a larger size

Cut gemstone shapes - could be any of various shapes and sizes, both with a flat side for placing on armor or whatever and free standing shapes

Liquid effects - a small hand sized water ball, various sized droplets with tails (think a viscous fluid dripping off of something), snow balls, icicles of various sizes

Raw Crystal shapes - singles (wand) and clusters

An arrow with any sort of textured tail (fire, liquid, ice, etc.)

A trident

A chain of elemental balls (fire, ice, water) like a whip

Discs made of various elements (like chakrams) 

• Like 5