Bones You'd Like to See, thread #3

ladystorm

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/5/2017 at 8:53 AM, Edcue said:

Just thought of another. Another set of weapons that could be used for creatures like Orcs, lizardmen and so on. 

On 8/5/2017 at 10:20 AM, Chaoswolf said:

How about larger (ogre/troll/giant) sized weapons for conversions?

Yes!! Also how about a couple of non-weapon sprues?  Books, tankards, potion bottles, scrolls, musical instruments (drums, horns, bagpipes, fiddles, basically anything but flutes, lutes, harps, and lyres).

Also any and all of the modern / sci-fi weapon sprues from Chronoscope.

Any of the Chronoscope models not yet in the bones line.

A collection of "Not Star-fleet," "Not Galaxy Quest," space explorers.

• Like 11

my husband's list of things he wants:

We need Crawling Claws, Flumphs, Twig Blights, Animated Weapons, Mephits (lots of mephitis), monstrous plants, hounds or mastiffs, ettercaps, Grell, Treants

Grimlocks, Bandits, Troops and Guards, generic cultists and acolytes, Rakshasha

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 8

With the Nagendra are on the way, it would be cool to fill out the ophidian options in Bones even further:

• 3676: Giant Snake -- Yes, we already have Julie's fantastic giant cobra, but it's too good of a sculpt to pass up!
  • Large (2" base) not-Yuan Ti Abomination
  • Huge (3" base) not-Yuan Ti Anathema -- Basically, a Huge, multi-headed Abomination.  Bigger and even more monster-y.

I see the makings of an KS Add-on option here. . . .

• Like 8

A couple of my friends have been looking for more Tiefling/Hellborn Female options; I figured I'd put this here, where it might get into a future Bones KS.

• Like 6

I've thought about this for years but it's pretty rare, mounted and foot versions of the same character. There's lots of warriors and a few mounted mages/wizards available but what about thieves, rangers, clerics and other classes.

• Like 3

Female orcs

Female hobgoblins

Female bugbears

Female ettin

Female cyclops

More female giants (the "new scale" fire giant gender ratio is 5 to 1 right now... )

Edited by Arikiel
  • Like 5

People of both sexes in lamellar armor (splint mail). It was used for thousands of years (tens of thousands of years if include the idea of mythical, Conan style, lost civilizations) all across the Old World. From North Africa to the depths of Siberia and everywhere in between.

In the history of armor full plate was a brief afterthought, in one corner of the world, that was pretty much obsolete as soon as it was invented. Yet for some reason full plate has been fetishized to the point that it's all we ever see on minis.

Stylistically it would be nice to have more warrior options then shirtless barbarians and knights from right at the very end of the medieval period. Full plate doesn't even exist in most of my settings (generally based on the periods between 1,200 BC to 1,066 AD for the most part). Which seriously limits my warriors options.

The same applies for chain mail and scale armor. Some Norman style knights would be a nice change of pace. Even in generic D&D worlds they can be used as lower level warriors. Not everyone you meet is going to be a high level PC.

Edited by Arikiel
  • Like 3