• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      Just finished this one up last night and got pictures taken this afternoon.  This one is an old school Julie Guthrie model from her Ral Partha All Things Dark and Dangerous days. Can't say if it was originally just an archer or a ranger, but she's definitely an archer and it doesn't take much imagination to make her a ranger as well.   As always, colors gave me fits, but with the thought she was a ranger, I wanted mostly greens and browns, with some pops of colors (like her lavender money bag and her red sword hilts).  The hardest choice on this lovely lady was the color choice for her gloves. I finally gave up and painted her with a light green (the same green that I'm using for the interior of a cloak on my next figure).  So anyway, I took a bunch of angles of her, hope you like her! 
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By TripleH
      Started working on this guy today for one of my player.
      Since I'm a "newbie" and have no experience in working with skin, I was wondering if Reaper's Flesh Wash would look ok with the Elf Flesh base-coat for the skin.

For the hair, the player want him to be carrot-top with a touch of grey. The could prove to be interesting. 

I'm also looking for suggestions for his clothing. almost anything is fair game, all though the campaign setting is in a desert/desolation area.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi All,
      Ever since I saw this design in the Kickstarter, I really liked her a lot, and when they made her in metal, I had to get her.  Of course between now and then many months have gone by but I've finally gotten her painted, together with some other hobgoblins I've been working on.  When I read the Monster Manual for coloring it said "their faces are bright red-orange to red", so for whatever reason I omitted the red part and just went orange.  I think she came out in any case reasonably well though.

I don't work very often with multiple-piece models, and with this chicky poo, I had to attach the hand and bow to her arm.  Previously I've always attached pieces at the beginning, but this time finally listened to my reasonable nerd self and kept that piece separate, and attached it after the rest of the model was painted.  I had previously painted the hand when I painted her skin elsewhere, but then attached the hand and bow and ended up priming and painting the bow after everything else was ready to go and that seemed to work out pretty well.

The hardest color choice I had on her actually was her bandana. Yellow was a last resort, don't know if it would have been better another color? Anyway, hope you enjoy her!
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)