Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Bad photos, bad Bones cast, and tabletop paint job of Balto Burrowell the Gnome Wizard. Painted this one up as my sons kid character in hero kids. Fuego is a young kid who can cast some fire spells and has survived three adventures and he was on his own in the last one.
I am really beginning to loath these older human sized minis, but this is the closest I had to a human child for his character. Fairly simple base coat, washes, and highlights. I was having a lot of problems with my skin tone paints being too thin (even after several minutes on the vortex mixer). I guess that is the pit fall of no painting for months outside of terrain.
3D Design from GloomyKid Miniatures printed on my Elegoo Mars.
Part of the Shifting Sands Project.
There are many strange creatures wandering about in the Desert, some seek their shelter in abandoned ruins.
Beware the traveller who might stumble on such a beast!
Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy. Meet Gronk.
Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color.
* The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.
* Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close. (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
* The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.
* Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
* The shield came out great! If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint. Probably my favorite small thing on this model.
* Not digging his green skin highlights. Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light. Crux for me.
* Metal sword over all has a good look to it. Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting. Too runny. Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush. Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly.
* Struggled with doing boots. I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy. When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up. Lame.
* On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened. I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough. Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it. That sucked. Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
* Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop. It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.
Design Taloc and Kroq-Gar: Lost Kingdom
Design Tree Trunks : Artisan Guild
Design Jungle Plants : PrintYourMonsters.
Printed on Elegoo Mars.
Skulls from Greenstuffworld.
Flock from several companies.
Water Effect: Vallejo Still Water.
Part of my Lost World Project.
When the Reptilians go to War they often bring their Beastmasters who command vicious creatures.
But there is one who is the most fearsome of all, Taloc the Beastmaster is a formidable warrior himself wielding his ceremonial weapons there are few who can withstand him, but his mount is the most terrifying of all.
Her name is Kroq-Gar and she's the largest Ancient One to be found in the Lost World.
How it came to be that she chose to bond with Taloc nobody knows, but she did and Taloc only needs a gentle touch or whispered word and Kroq-Gar will do as he pleases.
She can swallow a human whole.
There are other terrible creatures in the Jungle, but even the mighty Carnosaur is no match for Kroq-Gar.
With her spiked tail and huge teeth she can kill any creature and her back is protected by a spiked boney ridge.
Taloc made sure to protect her even further by adding golden plates to her side and a headcrest.
When Taloc and Kroq-Gar appear on the battlefield there is no doubt who will be victor.
Many pics, hope you like her.
Some close ups of Taloc.
Who's Online 9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)