4 x Bones II Skeletons

nomad_grrl

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! For the rust I painted the blade in Vallejo Natural Steel. Then I washed it with Games Workshop's Typhus Corrosion (one of their special effects paints). You could also use Vallejo Smoke or a brown ink. Then I stipple over that with Games Workshop's Ryza Rust,another special effect paint. But any bright orange paint would do. Then I add a really light drybrush of the original metallic paint just so there's a few hints of that colour showing.

Edited by nomad_grrl
  • Like 3

That's fantastic, you've shown me paints that I wasn't even aware of. (It happens a lot here) Will you be adding it to the armor as well?

I did the armor a bit differently to the weapons. The armor, shield and some accents on the weapons were painted bronze then washed with yet another games workshop paint ... Nihilakh Oxide  ... to give a verdigris effect. Purely because I thought it would more interesting than having all the metal being rusty steel.

Edited by nomad_grrl
  • Like 1